Casto Productions

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

• Calculators:
    TI-83, TI-86, CFX-9850, AFX2.0

Posted 15 November 2002 - 08:03 PM

Ok, I have been trying to get into hacking my cfx-9850g in my spare time, and what I keep seeing everywhere is this ems or xms method of inputing a matrix for 255 x 255, accessing every memory location the calc has. I've had numreous problems with this however, as I cannot understand what bytes I'm supposed to change in the backup file. One source I read said to change the 72nd byte with a header of something like fh? (sorry, I don't have the methods or even the calc right in front of me, but anyone that has done this knows what I'm refuring to). Another apparently more recent document on I think Poupe's page? (and I'm still not totaly familar with everyone's names and webpages yet, so I hope I won't offend anyone if I get the names wrong) said to send the first backup after resetting, then run something called Detr1 (or something to that effect) and then send a second backup file and compare the two, from there I would be able to find the bytes to alter and send back to the calc. I have no clue what or where that command is on the cfx-9850G, and I'm feeling pretty stupid for not understanding any of this, as I've been using the 9850 for about 6 years now. Can someone please explain how I can get started with this and how to get this ems installed so I can at least begin learning a bit? Thanks.

#2 huhn_m

huhn_m

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1957 posts
  • Interests:Assembler(!!!)
    Computers and Programming
    Operating Systems
    Programmable Calculators
    Maths and everything arround it

• Calculators:
    FX-82SX / AFX 2.0+ (ROM 1.03) / FX 1.0+ (ROM 1.03)

Posted 17 November 2002 - 08:03 AM

Hi!

I've tried the stuff with the EMX memory but I've to tell you that
it's not a very good method of expanding memories.

You write in sections of the calc where important data is stored
and sometimes after even only moving the cursor over one of the
fields of the Martix this can cause the calculator to hang and force
you to do a reset.

I don't know exactly how to do it on a 9850G because i own a 9850GB+
but if you send my a backup of your calc, having a matix A of 16*16,made with FA-123, I'd modify it for you and mail it back.

But I don't recommend it.

For my E-Mail adresse simply click on the Mail-Button. :D

MfG

Huhn

#3 Martin

Martin

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:asm on cfx9850

• Calculators:
    fx82l
    fx7700GB
    cfx9850G
    TI92
    fx9860G SD
    Rheinmetall KEL IIc
    H. W. Ebmeyer - Tarema
    fx cg20

Posted 17 November 2002 - 10:46 AM

I have no clue what or where that command is on the cfx-9850G, and I'm feeling pretty stupid for not understanding any of this, as I've been using the 9850 for about 6 years now.  Can someone please explain how I can get started with this and how to get this ems installed so I can at least begin learning a bit?  Thanks.

Hi,
Please read my page (about EMS, XMS and how to install) once more, read it slowly. There is writen, that EMS is ONLY for calculators supporting arrays (e.g. A3), cfx9850G DOESN'T SUPPORT ARRAYS, so you can use ONLY XMS.

Bye Martin

#4 Casto Productions

Casto Productions

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

• Calculators:
    TI-83, TI-86, CFX-9850, AFX2.0

Posted 18 November 2002 - 06:09 PM

hey, at least that would explain why I can't get it working :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic