Photo
- - - - -

ClassPad and Mac OS X / BSD / Linux / Unix etc.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DrCoyote

DrCoyote

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850GB PLUS, FX-9860G, TI 92+, TI89 Titanium, TI-Nspire, TI-Nspire CAS, TI 84+ SE, HP 50G, HP 35S, Elektronika MK-90, Elektronika MK-52, Elektronika MK-61, Elektronika B3-21, Elektronika MK-152, Elektronika MK-161, Sharp EL-9900

Posted 16 July 2004 - 04:23 PM

Does anyone know of any plans to interface to ClassPad with any other computer OS than Windows? A ClassPad manager for Mac OS X, BSD, <{GNULINUX}> or Unix would be useful to me.

#2 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300 , AFX 2.0, HP-48/49/50, TI-89/92/Voyager, HP Expander, etc...

Posted 16 July 2004 - 06:05 PM

Mac support would be nice. Although the Mac market share is small, I don't see how Casio can ignore it.

I don't know how many Macs are in schools in other counties, but they dominate in the USA. One of the employees at Saltire was giving a training session for a school district in Texas that adopted Casio calculators, and almost every teacher had a Mac.

:nod: Yes, you hear right. A school district in TI's backyard uses Casios. :thumbsup:

Does anyone know if the PV has a Mac link?

#3 DrCoyote

DrCoyote

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850GB PLUS, FX-9860G, TI 92+, TI89 Titanium, TI-Nspire, TI-Nspire CAS, TI 84+ SE, HP 50G, HP 35S, Elektronika MK-90, Elektronika MK-52, Elektronika MK-61, Elektronika B3-21, Elektronika MK-152, Elektronika MK-161, Sharp EL-9900

Posted 16 July 2004 - 07:07 PM

My TI 92 Plus has Macintosh link software.

#4 Daniel (CZE)

Daniel (CZE)

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Support for Pocket Viewer and ClassPad for Czech Republic.

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300, TI-92 Plus, FX-6300G, CFX-9850GB Plus

Posted 16 July 2004 - 08:20 PM

PV has only one project supported by http://www.pocketviewer.de. It is comunication with <{GNULINUX}>. I don't know anything about connection with Mac.

Here you can find some files, apps and source codes. Mainly Bootstrap patch and PV uploader. Bootstrap patch was developed to provide comunication with <{GNULINUX}>. I don't know anything about <{GNULINUX}> :blink:, so I can't provide more information about that.

#5 Bob Vila

Bob Vila

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

• Calculators:
    FX 1.0+ : CFX-9850 GB Plus : TI-81

Posted 18 August 2004 - 04:07 PM

when i get my new power supply, i will see if i can get the classpad manager working in wine/winex and let you guys know how it works :)

#6 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300 , AFX 2.0, HP-48/49/50, TI-89/92/Voyager, HP Expander, etc...

Posted 18 August 2004 - 05:21 PM

when i get my new power supply, i will see if i can get the classpad manager working in wine/winex and let you guys know how it works :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know wine/winex sometimes has problems with programs that communicate over a port (USB/serial/etc...) so the transfer part of the Manager might not work. It also requires a special USB driver, so the odds of this working are low. :(

On a positive note I think the actual ClassPad simulator part of the program is pretty standard so this should work :)

Good luck!

#7 Bob Vila

Bob Vila

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

• Calculators:
    FX 1.0+ : CFX-9850 GB Plus : TI-81

Posted 19 August 2004 - 04:16 PM

I know wine/winex sometimes has problems with programs that communicate over a port (USB/serial/etc...) so the transfer part of the Manager might not work.

yeah, i figured the same thing ;) that is why i am only going to try it with the freebie one floating around the internet :blah:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users