spooky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850G

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:49 PM

Hi@all!
First I must say that I searched in the forum but I didn't find any useful solution. A friend build me a seriell linkcable with 9V battery. On the COM port at the PC of my parents, the cable works fine. Even if I switched off the battery. Now I will use the cable on my notebook (which has no COM port). I bought a COM2USB adapter, installed the driver and the adapter is shown as "AQF232 COM port". In the driver settings I can change COM port, Bitrate, FIFO Buffer etc. I changed all COM ports from 1-4 and also the bitrate, but I don't get a connection with FA123 or CasioCom. CommunicationError or TransmitError.

Does anyone use such a combination of cable and adapter? If yes, which usb adapter, which build tutorial, which settings do you use? I need a solution, because in 2 weeks I have my exam :-/ Please help me ans tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
spooky

#2 R00KIE

R00KIE

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Electronics, games, programming

• Calculators:
    HP49G ROM 1.24; CASIO CFX-9850GB PLUS;CASIO FX-6300G; CASIO FX-82TL

Posted 20 June 2006 - 05:20 PM

Hi, USB2COM adapters give problems, the only thing i can remember right now is that you try one from a different brand, but be advised, WinXP+FA123 gives me problems (but still works) if you add an adaptor you are asking for a real headache.

#3 Guest_Guest_spooky_*_*

Guest_Guest_spooky_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2006 - 11:11 AM

OK, I have found a working USB2COM adapter with power management.

http://www.digitus.d...145&showpfad=ja
http://www.digitus.d...146&showpfad=ja

I hope it will help someone, maybe the admin can make it sticky.
Cya!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users