• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 alias4399

alias4399

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Location:Impossible to say.. Its not like this is a constant!

• Calculators:
    CFX 9850GB Plus
    FX 9860G

Posted 24 September 2006 - 06:10 AM

This is the same great mario game for the cfx 'tweaked' for the 9860.

There are only a few more things that need to be done, and i thought a beta release was in order...

So, here it is!

(No screenshots at the moment)

Mario 2.0 Beta 3 for 9860 by Alias4399

Enjoy!

** This version includes Animated sprites!!! **, unfortunately i only put 1 in the whole game,
you can edit the level data program to add more, only 1 per level:
14: Dancing flower (cool!)
15: 'Traffic light' (not really working)
16: Moving car (not tested with 9860)

There is now an options menu, however it has not yet been implemented into the game.

Fixes include:
=) No more lines across the screen

Still happens:
=) Objects disappear when you walk over them

#2 DarkDead

DarkDead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-7400G | Casio fx-9860G SD

Posted 24 September 2006 - 02:59 PM

Great! B)

Thanks for being so fast alias. Finally lines gone away.

Well, I've already downloaded and played. What I can say is to don't use animated sprites in the default levels. They make the game slower and gameplay harder, it gets difficult to jump. In level 1, where there is an animated sprite, we need to hold the up key for munch longer than in level 2, where there isn't any. The game play in levels 2 and following is just the same as when I converted the CFX game.

Another thing, that happened to me also when I had to convert the game, is that the installer doesn't ask me if I want to install MAT_D in the first time I run it. It only says 'Done.[...]' and I have to set up MAT_D manually. Sometimes it works when I run it after playing, sometimes not. This doesn't happen when I use the emulator.

#3 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Programming: C/C++, Fortran, LISP, COBOL 85 Standard, PHP, x86 and SH3 Assembly

Computer graphics

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G / fx-7400G Plus / Algebra FX 2.0+ / fx-9770G / CFX-9850G / CFX-9850GB+ / TI-89 / TI-nSpire

Posted 24 September 2006 - 05:24 PM

This is cool!

May I have permission to put this program in my Casio programs database? I planning on starting one, offering gigabytes of space for these programs and a fast search engine. If anyone else would want to participate, please PM me. Please respond and thank you! :D

#4 alias4399

alias4399

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX 9850GB Plus
    FX 9860G

Posted 24 September 2006 - 08:54 PM

Thank you both for trying it.
Yes, kucalc, you have my permission, thanks for asking ;)

@DarkDead, I see now.. when you ran the Installer program before, you must have held a button for a fraction of a second too long, and it skipped the 'Y/N' screen, defaulting to No, ie Only Mat C (no harm done though), in a future release i will have to add a time-delay.

OK, thanks for the info about the animated sprites, if you find it too annoying, you can remove it by editing the 'MLevDat' program and after '@=1 =>', look for the number 14 and change it to a 0. That should remove the dancing flower in the first level.

#5 DarkDead

DarkDead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 24 September 2006 - 10:46 PM

@DarkDead, I see now.. when you ran the Installer program before, you must have held a button for a fraction of a second too long, and it skipped the 'Y/N' screen, defaulting to No [...]

That's it. I've tried again and when I hold EXE or F1 to open the installer for a bit longer it skips the 'Y/N'. If I click them quickly it is shown.

OK, thanks for the info about the animated sprites, if you find it too annoying, you can remove it by editing the 'MLevDat' program and after '@=1 =>', look for the number 14 and change it to a 0. That should remove the dancing flower in the first level.

Thanks. It worked.

I found another thing which is the existence of 'invisible' platforms. In level 2 and following there are places where you can jump to and stay there hanging up in the air. I didn't take a screen capture because playing in the emulator it's a lot hard.

#6 alias4399

alias4399

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX 9850GB Plus
    FX 9860G

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:10 AM

You are not mistaken. These do exist, and they are known as invisible blocks or platforms. In some levels, they are essential to reach secret areas. You cannot see them, however... There is also another kind of block, which you can see ... hmm..

#7 alias4399

alias4399

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX 9850GB Plus
    FX 9860G

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:52 PM

Hey, thanks CFX Master! I know various methods of performing such a task, however that is unique; I have not seen it before. Nice!

#8 alias4399

alias4399

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX 9850GB Plus
    FX 9860G

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:25 AM

Okay, Im just adding more levels (castle) and perhaps fine-tuning a few more details... and then hopefully everything will be finished and ready for the next release!

@Future people who may want to use my mario engine:

Ok, listen up game devs. As of yet, I have not released a readme for creating sprites for use with this engine, or how to use them. There is not much else to it. The engine handles keypresses, dieing, standing on solid blocks, and collecting items (like coins), as well as everything else. I have also implemented an enemy system, though it slowed the game down slightly, so for now I have taken it out. When I release a readme for sprites and the full use of the engine, Ill holler.

#9 DarkDead

DarkDead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 08 October 2006 - 06:21 PM

Hi.

That's it. I've tried again and when I hold EXE or F1 to open the installer for a bit longer it skips the 'Y/N'. If I click them quickly it is shown.

You have to had the time-delay also to the file "Mario2". After I have closed the game while playing when I open it again if I hold EXE or F1 for too long it skips the "Press [L] to continue or any key to exit." screen.

#10 Guest_da luz_*

Guest_da luz_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2006 - 05:20 PM

hey ppl!who can I put those games on my casio fx-9860G SD? I dont understand nothing of this :S
thnks :D

#11 alias4399

alias4399

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX 9850GB Plus
    FX 9860G

Posted 26 November 2006 - 04:55 AM

Hi there,

Im back into this topic! :D

To put this game in your calc, open FA-124, connect your calc, put it in 'receive' mode, hit the connect button on FA-124, then open the file containing Mario 2.
Drag it over to the calc side of the screen to upload it to your calc.

I'm sure theres a tut somewhere..

Now, back to the game!

Whoo ... I played this game again recently and say it wants a little sprucing up! I've got a couple of features planned, keep you posted.

Comments ? Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users