Altzone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-61F
    FX-991ES

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:33 AM

Ok, anyone know what the smallest scientific calculator currently available is (Casio or otherwise)?
I used to have a CFX-400 watch which was the ultimate, but it died many years ago and they are now ridiculously collectable (read=expensive)
Something credit card sized would be nice, like those credit card solar 4 function jobs, but I want scientific.

Thanks
Dave :)

#2 Guest_Sergei Frolov_*

Guest_Sergei Frolov_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2006 - 01:41 PM

We have in shops a small scientific calculator with sizes around
90mm x 60mm

http://www.takshun.c...sc.asp?code=726

#3 Altzone

Altzone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-61F
    FX-991ES

Posted 23 December 2006 - 12:15 AM

Now we're talking, that one is a pretty small size and a nice form factor.
Too bad about the inverse key requiring a shift function, my pet hate.
Already have the FX-991ES, hardly a small calculator!

Dave :)

#4 ve7bgp

ve7bgp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-7400G FX-9750G FX-991MS

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:09 PM

Casio made a nice small Scientific Calculator in the 1985 era the FX-98 was a Credit Card sized Solar Scientific Calculator. Radio Shack sold many of these OEM under their banner EC-4009 model #. I wish I would have bought one of these when my TI-35 started bouncing Keypad fault! My TI-35 keypad bounced worse after it sat unused for a while Tarnish on contacts. I have an old TI-25X Playing Card sized 4.2" x 2.6" x .4" Solar Scientific Calculator I bought 10 years ago to replace a TI-35 with a bouncing Keyboard. It is still a nice little Scientific Calc to put in the shirt pocket. The keypad has never bounced on it. I now have a FX-991MS sVPAM that I use for a lot of my number crunching. I have a FX-7400 and 9750 also I use the FX-9750 a lot the 7400 was my 1st Graphing Calc.

#5 Guest_gpedens_*

Guest_gpedens_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:09 AM

Casio made a nice small Scientific Calculator in the 1985 era the FX-98 was a Credit Card sized Solar Scientific Calculator. Radio Shack sold many of these OEM under their banner EC-4009 model #. I wish I would have bought one of these when my TI-35 started bouncing Keypad fault! My TI-35 keypad bounced worse after it sat unused for a while Tarnish on contacts. I have an old TI-25X Playing Card sized 4.2" x 2.6" x .4" Solar Scientific Calculator I bought 10 years ago to replace a TI-35 with a bouncing Keyboard. It is still a nice little Scientific Calc to put in the shirt pocket. The keypad has never bounced on it. I now have a FX-991MS sVPAM that I use for a lot of my number crunching. I have a FX-7400 and 9750 also I use the FX-9750 a lot the 7400 was my 1st Graphing Calc.

#6 Guest_gpedens_*

Guest_gpedens_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:17 AM

I had one of those radio shack minis. loved that thing. I even modified it with a slide switch an button cell so it wold work in low light. lost that little jewel 0 years ago and have been trying to find another. I found a kenko kk-1006 that looks like the kadio 1006 except it has a cover tha makes it thicker. I bought it over ebay and tried to get more but couldnt. I think you can get them from kenko but yo got to buy about 3000.

#7 Guest_Agustin Guerrero_*

Guest_Agustin Guerrero_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:41 PM

:banghead: Why Casio discontinued the fx-98, it is really great, reliable and fits nicely in your shirt pocket... is there any possibility to demand Casio to sell again the fx-98 since a lot of things that were used in the eigthies are back nowdays...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users