#1 MonkeyofDoom

MonkeyofDoom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9750G PLUS

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:54 PM

Hey, guys. I haven't been here in a long time, and I wasn't too active when I first joined. But the forum's a helpful place and I decided to ask my question here: Does anyone know how often the Ran# function repeats itself on the 9750? I've run it 1,506,812 times and haven't gotten 0.039706271(the first result) twice yet. Or is it periodic at all? Can anyone offer some insight into the workings of the function? Thanks!

#2 SimLo

SimLo

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-9860G/FX-9860G SD

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:07 PM

Hey, guys. I haven't been here in a long time, and I wasn't too active when I first joined. But the forum's a helpful place and I decided to ask my question here: Does anyone know how often the Ran# function repeats itself on the 9750? I've run it 1,506,812 times and haven't gotten 0.039706271(the first result) twice yet. Or is it periodic at all? Can anyone offer some insight into the workings of the function? Thanks!

I only know how the FX9860G calculates random numbers:

{
lastrandom = ( 0x41C64E6D*lastrandom ) + 0x3039;
return ( lastrandom >> 16 ) & 0x7FFF;
}

returns something between 0..0x7FFF.

Perhaps other CASIOs use similar algorithms.

#3 mookster

mookster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Calculators:
    fx9750g plus

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:24 AM

Hi,

I've found that if you reset the calculator, and run Ran#, then do the same operation again, you get the same number (it is thereotically pseudorandom.)

#4 Guest_ian umney_*

Guest_ian umney_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:59 PM

how do you get the Ran# button on a program? i am new to the programing of calculators and need help,
itumney AT live.com thanks

#5 mintsmike

mintsmike

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-5500L, fx-991ES,fx-9860SD (with GII SD OS), Casio Classpad 330, MS Windows Calc, Ubuntu Calc, a Hammer and my Brain!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:54 PM

[quote] how do you get the Ran# button on a program? i am new to the programing of calculators and need help,
itumney AT live.com thanks [quote]

Here folks,

For this I will assume that you are on the Program mode and have created a new program on a CFX-9860 Calc (they should all be similar).

First you must press the <span class=OPTN' /> button. Then you must navigate along by using the <span class=F6' /> and <span class=F1' /> keys to find the [PROB] section. Go into it and there you should be able to see the Ran# button. Use the appropriate function key to insert it into your program.

Edited by Maths Man, 14 March 2009 - 11:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users