• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Programming: C/C++, Fortran, LISP, COBOL 85 Standard, PHP, x86 and SH3 Assembly

Computer graphics

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G / fx-7400G Plus / Algebra FX 2.0+ / fx-9770G / CFX-9850G / CFX-9850GB+ / TI-89 / TI-nSpire

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:53 AM

Welcome the newest member to the Revolution-FX family: SpriteStudio v1.0! Now with this tool, you can convert and edit your images and export them for your own projects with ease.

Download: SpriteStudio_v1.0.RAR - Windows 32-bit version only available, Mac OS & UNIX versions coming soon

Edit multiple images simultaneously:
Posted Image

Export your images to ready-to-use C source code:
Posted Image

Highlights:
* Nice graphical interface
* Supports lots of your favorite image file types: JPEG, GIF, BMP, TGA, PNG, TIFF, PCX, etc.
* 2/3 buffer & 3/4 color modes
* Maximize efficiency by right clicking on the canvas to cycle through the gray palette rather than slowly browsing through one
* Zoom In/Zoom Out

-> Afraid that you can't use your sprite because it's a weird size? (23 x 43 pixels for example?) Don't worry! :D SpriteStudio will fix it and take care of it for you when you export it to C.
-> Image exceeds 128x64 pixels? Don't worry! SpriteStudio will scale it down for you.
-> Want to change the size parameters of the image? Simply clicking the Ruler icon will do it for you.

Tell me if you guys get it running okay on your systems. This program has been tested to work on Windows XP Home running on a 300MHz AMD K6 and 32MB RAM. Feedback and suggestions are welcome.
  • Viliami likes this

#2 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Programming: C/C++, Fortran, LISP, COBOL 85 Standard, PHP, x86 and SH3 Assembly

Computer graphics

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G / fx-7400G Plus / Algebra FX 2.0+ / fx-9770G / CFX-9850G / CFX-9850GB+ / TI-89 / TI-nSpire

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:45 PM

Ok, I've created a wiki page at the CASIO Dev Team headquarters: http://www.assembla....ev/SpriteStudio

You can now download the sources for SpriteStudio via SVN. Help on porting to Mac OS and <{GNULINUX}> would be awesome. SpriteStudio is written in C++ and utilizes wxWidgets. It should compile on other platforms with little modifications.
  • Viliami likes this

#3 k3v

k3v

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio Classpad 300 Plus \
    2 x Casio Fx-9860AU \
    Casio CFX-9850GB Plus \

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:52 PM

Lol... Determined to make/own EVERYTHING to do with calculator programming/development->(QUESTION MARK WHICH IS REFUSING TO COME UP)

I thought "Casio C Image Generator (v2)" was good enough...

#4 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:37 PM

Determined to make/own EVERYTHING to do with calculator programming/development

Well, now that you mention it, I guess I should. :)

I thought "Casio C Image Generator (v2)" was good enough...

Perhaps, but I thought that a program that includes sprite editing capabilities, sprite saving, multi-platform compatibility with non-reliance on .NET framework technology and plus it's open source would be great.

#5 Guest_kapytanhook_*

Guest_kapytanhook_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:06 PM

I doesn't seem to work for me (vista) not even in compatibele mode.

#6 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:50 PM

Thanks for the info about Vista. Doesn't surprise me that it wouldn't run under Vista.

Someone who has Vista is going to have to recompile the code, I don't have Vista.

#7 Kapytanhook

Kapytanhook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G

Posted 22 November 2008 - 01:14 PM

Ugh, its me again. im having problems with all off this I've tryd to start off with any of my virtual machines without luck even in XP so i tried 3 other pc's both running under XP and again the same error, also i cant get revolution-FX integrated with my SDK, does this work for you guys? does this only work when you have revolution-FX installed properly first?

So, how to get this all running from scratch?

#8 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1422 posts

Computer graphics

• Calculators:

Posted 23 November 2008 - 03:26 PM

Hey Kapytanhook! :)

When you install Revolution-FX, it will automatically integrate with the SDK. Just make sure you have the fx-9860G SDK installed and while installing Revolution-FX, make sure you select the correct directory where the SDK installed.

As for SpriteStudio, it should run on XP. Do you have the Visual Studio Redistributables installed (2005 and 2008)?

#9 Kapytanhook

Kapytanhook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:29 PM

Nope, didnt know i had to, i told you i even used a fresh one (and the download link is down).

IT WORKS!!! woot! you need the Visual Studio Redistributables installed (2005 and 2008).
Ty alot kulcalc!

Edited by Kapytanhook, 24 November 2008 - 08:02 AM.

#10 sn1907

sn1907

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX 2.0

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:07 PM

how can we download this program? Dead link..
  • Viliami likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users