#1 Kapytanhook

Kapytanhook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:40 PM

So i got myself two 2.5 MM plugs and hooked my 9860 up to the oscilloscope at our science lab, i got a 9 bit signal from it at 3.5 volts with a rate of 1 bit/ 0,1ms (10000 Hz)

The "a" gave me a 010000110.
The ''b'' gave me a 001000110.

The 0 initialises the byte and the byte is inverted from the ascii table, (note it is not capital A, but it is a)
a= 01100001 and the signal was 10000110

So after we did this we got the idea of making a communication device with 4 cheap kid handheld transceivers.

We are still in the searching-for-crap-to-build-it-from phase but here's the plan.
We noticed the 3 pin cable is a cross-cable, 1 ground 1 send and 1 receive. So we will hook 2 Porto's up (on 1 calculator, 1 for sending and 1 for receiving), we think that the output signal is good enough to lead directly into the input of our porto, on our output we well place a comparator that will clear out the static (its a digital signal so if its above a certain level we will set it to output a 1 and if its below we will output a 0) and kick it to 3.5 volts again before leading it to our input of calc #2.

Il keep you up to date on this project in this thread, and TY kucalc for termFX!

[/serious] Next step: The Internet! We will be able to hook one up on a PC and convert HTML into compatibla data on the pc and send it back to our calc XDD.

Edited by Kapytanhook, 10 December 2008 - 04:09 PM.

#2 ECE

ECE

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad300 Plus o.s3.06.1000
    fx-CG20 o.s1.04
    fx9860GII SD o.s2.00
    fx9860G Slim o.s1.10
    fx9860GSD o.s2.01 (GII hacked)
    Algebra FX2.0 Plus
    CFX9850GBplus
    fx5800p
    fx3650p
    fx570ES Plus
    EA-200 Casio Data Analyzer

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:31 PM

Hi Kapytanhook,
You seem to be a brave guy, keep on going.
First you might need to look at the communication protocol of the fx-9860g.
Avery nice work done by Andreas B & SimLo maybe downloaded at,
http://downloads.sou...erse-docs-1.pdf
also a simpler to understand for the CFX-9x50G style is found at,
http://www.grindheim.../casio-comm.pdf .
The importance of the communication protocols, is that you may need to store data in specific location in memory or assign it to a variable so as to process the information according to your needs.
Second, why use 4 units? 2 are enough. You may emulate the push button by simple switching transistor or even a simple relay. So you don’t need to use a unit for transmitting and another for receiving. Mostly you will send data at an instant of time and receive another data at another instant of time (simplex communications).
Good Luck.

#3 Kapytanhook

Kapytanhook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:39 PM

The communication protocol talks about a signal of 4.2 volts, but i had a clear reading of 3.5, and i am only trying to send and receive the signal, i don't have to know what is in it.

Yeah, using only 1 pair came to my mind too, but i will need to work into some hardware, as i am just a mere junior i try keep it simple. And getting 2 pair wont really cost much.

AND i still cant use REV-FX and I'm very green in using any C but thank you non the less.

#4 Andreas B

Andreas B

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G SD

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:50 PM

What do you mean by kid handheld transcievers? Cheap walkie talkies?
It could be interesting and more reliable to use a zigbee RF module like XBee or http://www.microchip...;param=en535767

#5 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Programming: C/C++, Fortran, LISP, COBOL 85 Standard, PHP, x86 and SH3 Assembly

Computer graphics

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G / fx-7400G Plus / Algebra FX 2.0+ / fx-9770G / CFX-9850G / CFX-9850GB+ / TI-89 / TI-nSpire

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:27 AM

First you might need to look at the communication protocol of the fx-9860g.

From it what it seems, he wants to build the hardware and use Terminal-FX as the software. Someone else is also doing something like this (CalcuLAN), but I haven't heard much progress on it much lately. I'd like to see how this goes.

AND i still cant use REV-FX and I'm very green in using any C but thank you non the less.

I thought you got Revolution-FX working and the CoolText code to work.

#6 Kapytanhook

Kapytanhook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:24 AM

Yup, and that seems to be about the only thing that compiles =P, DrawSprite8( doesnt even seem to work for me =S.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users