• Calculators:
    CASIO FX82MS
    CASIO FX82ES
    CASIO FX3600P
    CASIO FX5800P
    CASIO FX9860G-SLIM
    HP 50G

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:39 PM

hi, i bought a 9860G slim but could not find how to solve step by step as doing in hp 50G. a problem about me, is it in anywhere and couldn´t i find how to?

#2 Mardoxx

Mardoxx

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

• Calculators:
    9860G SD

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:06 AM

You can't

I suppose if you used an iterative numerical method to find a root to an equation [i.e. newton raphson] you could make it print each iteration?

Edited by Mardoxx, 10 May 2009 - 01:06 AM.

#3 junior

junior

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO FX82MS
    CASIO FX82ES
    CASIO FX3600P
    CASIO FX5800P
    CASIO FX9860G-SLIM
    HP 50G

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:51 AM

one of it is that, and some others. for ex can´t find integration steps, i can do in 50G, and on the other hand 50G is really more capable for everything. maybe classpad 330 catch that level but it is impossible to use it in exams, with it´s pc like interface. why i buy 9860G Slim is hp is very difficult to use or learn, but casio is best for that. and so i like my 9860G Slim.

#4 mintsmike

mintsmike

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-5500L, fx-991ES,fx-9860SD (with GII SD OS), Casio Classpad 330, MS Windows Calc, Ubuntu Calc, a Hammer and my Brain!

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:15 AM

Casio Calculators are not very fond of using step by step methods. I have a classpad and, as far as I am aware, it cannot do what you are suggesting. The only calculator I i know that does this is the AFX 2.0 with TUTOR modes. However these are very limited. Mabye you could create a BASIC program to employ the Newton-Raphson method.

Regards

#5 Guest_Chriz M_*

Guest_Chriz M_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:47 PM

If you want to use a Numerical Method on your calculator, or any scientific calculator if to implement the ans. button. ewton Raphson has the formula (sorry about the poor formatting and British notation):

X1=X0-(f(x))/f'(x))

You would type in X0 then press = (or EXE) then:
Use the following formula:

Xr+1 = ANS - (f(ANS)/f'(ANS))

Then just keep pressing ANS for subsequent iterations. I hope this helps

#6 ZweiLynx

ZweiLynx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

• Calculators:
    HP 10bII+
    Sharp EL-738
    Casio fx-991MS
    Sharp EL-531W
    Casio fx-9860G SD
    Casio Algebra FX 2.0 Plus

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:54 AM

The worst thing you can do is to let the calculator teach you how to do it. In fact, most of the time, the answers you get are expressed in a completely different way than when done by hand, which becomes obvious to teachers when grading exams.

In other words, the calculator won't help you much in exams where you have to show work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users