bakala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Calculators:
    casio prizm fx-cg10
    casio classpad 300

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:18 PM

Hi , I`m new here and I have a lot of questions :). I have bought a new casio fx-cg10 from ebay on a good price. I bought this calculator for one mainly purpose- to put my excel files from my computer in calculator and to use it on my exams. I have tried several attempts to convert the excel file to CSV , but no avail.
What is the problem? Can this calulator really use e? ??xcel files from computer or no

#2 Vinx

Vinx

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Insight meditation

• Calculators:
    PRIZM fx-CG 10
    Classpad 330
    fx-9750GII, fx-9860GII SD
    fx-9860G SD, fx-9860G Slim
    Algebra FX 2.0 plus
    CFX-9850GB plus, CFX-9970G
    fx-7400G plus, fx-9750G plus
    fx-9700GE, CFX-9800G
    fx-7700GB*, fx-7700GE
    fx-7000G, fx-7500G
    fx-5500L*, fx-6300G
    fx-4500P*, fx-5800P

* once in use, now lost/dead.

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:26 AM

Yes, fx-CG10 supports CSV file import/export.

..I have tried several attempts to convert the excel file to CSV..

To export to CSV in Excel:-
1. choose 'Save As' from the File menu
2. In the Save As dialog box, at 'Save As Type' drop-down list at the bottom, choose the CSV (Comma delimited) option.
3. Type your file name and click on 'Save'.

Note:- Only numeric value can be imported to fx-CG10, no text, date/time data will be usable, and due to the limitations of CSV format itself, the formula doesn't work too. So if you have text or date time data in your excel file, you should delete them before export.

This is my experience on testing fx-CG10's CSV features (posted in another thread):-

Hello, I tried playing with CSV related feature a little and was not so impressed:-
-CSV file (without text data) exported from Excel works well, I can assign a formula that refer to those imported value. All calculation works. (In fact, CSV is for "Comma Separated Value"-- a text file containing numeric value in text, a data item was separated from each other using commas, you don't need Excel to create it, just notepad is all you need: type in numeric value and separate the data columns with comma, rows with new line and save the text file you created in CSV extension)
-When I export a spreadsheet from the PRIZM to a CSV file, all text data was truncated to null data (in CSV it will be adjacent commas).
-When I import a CSV file containing text data, an error occurs and importing fails.
-When I export a spreadsheet with formula(s) in cell(s), only calculated value was exported as numeric data. (of course, this applies to all CSV exporting, no matter of what program you use to export--including Excel)

So, you can see that only pure numeric value is usable in CSV file with the PRIZM. That's why I wasn't so impressed. BTW, It's much better than nothing-- you don't need to re-key all numeric value and maybe we don't need text in the PRIZM much (really?). This feature is very useful for statistic calculation when you collect data not using EA-200.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users