#1 computer

computer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-85ES

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:20 PM

Can anyone say anything about the speed of the FX-991ES or FX-991ES Plus? My current calculator FX-85ES also has a natural textbook style display, but it becomes very slow when I type in lengthy calculations with rational numbers, square roots etc.

#2 northern_snow

northern_snow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-82es [VerA and VerB]
    fx-95es plus [VerA]
    fx-82MS [ROM 025]
    TI-NSprie CAS (clickpad & CX)
    fx-9750GII
    TI-89 titanium

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:36 AM

Well, the fx-es plus series are faster than fx-es series.

Here's the test somebody did on another forum, he used fx-82es plus[VerA], fx-95es plus[VerA], fx-991es[VerB] and fx-991es plus[VerA]

1. Calculate arcsin(arccos(arctan(tan(cos(sin(9)))))))
fx-82es plus and fx-95es plus are the fastest. fx-991es plus is about 1 second slower, and the slowest is fx-991es.

2.Solve 99999x^3+88888x^2+77777x+66666=0 (Use EQN mode)
Here is the speed:
95es plus >> 991es plus >> 991es

3.Self-Check
82es plus and 95es plus are the same, but 991es plus is still the slowest.

And I'll say that the most important factor is the battery voltage (don't forget the 991 uses the button batteries)
To overclock the fx-es series, you can use a battery pack. Connect the positive to the right side of the capacitor C10, the negative to the right side of the capacitor C1.
See Here (in chinese)

and.....sorryyyyyy for my badddddd English......

Edited by NorTheRnX, 15 February 2011 - 05:58 AM.

#3 computer

computer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-85ES

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:53 AM

Thank you for answering.

What I really was after though, was the speed at which the calculator reacts to button presses. I hate it when I do lengthy calculations and the FX-85ES fails to register every character I press because it's so slow. Can you say anything about this?

#4 northern_snow

northern_snow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-82es [VerA and VerB]
    fx-95es plus [VerA]
    fx-82MS [ROM 025]
    fx-9750GII
    TI-89 titanium

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:45 AM

Thank you for answering.

What I really was after though, was the speed at which the calculator reacts to button presses. I hate it when I do lengthy calculations and the FX-85ES fails to register every character I press because it's so slow. Can you say anything about this?

Of course, You can choose fx-82es plus or fx-85es plus or fx-95es plus. They are faster. But when you input something very long, they'll be slow too. (But fx-es plus series are much better than fx-es)
And, you can use LineIO (Press shift, mode, 2). You can input much faster, but it doesn't have a natural display.

#5 computer

computer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-85ES

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:06 PM

(But fx-es plus series are much better than fx-es)

Thank you, that was just the piece of information I was looking for. So the FX-991ES Plus should be reasonably fast then. Do you know how its speed compares to for example Texas's TI-30XS MultiView? I've gotten used to the texbook like display mode, but I don't want to buy another calculator that can't keep up with my typing.

#6 northern_snow

northern_snow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-82es [VerA and VerB]
    fx-95es plus [VerA]
    fx-82MS [ROM 025]
    fx-9750GII
    TI-89 titanium

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:58 AM

Thank you, that was just the piece of information I was looking for. So the FX-991ES Plus should be reasonably fast then. Do you know how its speed compares to for example Texas's TI-30XS MultiView? I've gotten used to the texbook like display mode, but I don't want to buy another calculator that can't keep up with my typing.

I'm sorry I have no idea because I don't have any scientific calculators of Texas Instruments. (But I have used SHARP EL-W531. It also has natural display and it's really faster than CASIO's)

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:37 AM

Goodday,

This question and many other questions about the fx991 can be answered by reading the newbie thread postings Dave67 I have posted some very interesting links there.

http://www.casiocalc...?showtopic=4671

The exact answer is 130Mhz and a bus speed of about 67Mhz tops!

That depends upon how fast casio actually run the chip. Anyone who thought RISC was finished as opposed to complex chip set, should really gel up on their references.

RISC is quick, about 3 times quicker than the equivalent complex chip running the same commands.

The reference to that can be found here

http://www.renesas.c...tions_child.jsp

When you have read the spec, I bet you are impressed with your pocket size Casio RISC Computer! When I wonder will Apple put one in their next computers? NOW THERE IS A QUESTION, HOW LONG WILL APPLE BE WITH INTEL?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users