5 replies to this topic

#1 M.O.B. i L.

M.O.B. i L.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Programming, Physics, Mathematics, CAD

• Calculators:
    CASIO fx-9860GII, ALGEBRA FX 2.0 PLUS, fx-9750G, CFX-9800G, fx-7700GE, fx-6300G, FX-850P, fx-180Pv, fx-180P

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

I have developed a mental calculation training program called Aritm. It's based on a program I developed in C for MS-DOS in 1992 but more directly on my TI-BASIC-version from 2010. This version is for CASIO fx-9860GII but might work on other models such as fx-9750GII.

You can download the program here: http://www.df.lth.se...860gii/mob-i-l/. Aritm for Casio and TI and some other systems is free open source software (FOSS) with the well known license GPLv3+. You run ARITM but the file also contains some subprograms beginning with ZA that also are necessary.

The Texas Instruments TI-82/TI-82 STATS/TI-83/TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus-version is here and it has documentation but the program is rather self-explanatory: http://www.df.lth.se...calc.html#aritm.

I developed the program in the Casio-BASIC programming language in the editor in the communication program FA-124 2.00 and on the graphing calculator CASIO fx-9860GII with OS 02.01.0200. The program uses the command Menu and the function RanInt# and it stores its data in a list that can be up to 590 floating point elements long. I know the the program could be more optimized but I struggled with the editor in FA-124 and I didn't want to use strings since that would make porting to older models more difficult. The editor in FA-124 2.00 seems to introduce strange bugs, e.g. RanInt# is converted to RanBin# in the editor if you import code and list indices (e.g. [J]) sometimes becomes tokenized on the calculator and produces errors when you run the code. This only occurs if you edit the code in FA-124. If you just import it and then transfer it there should be no problems provided you use the latest versions of FA-124 and Casio OS 2.

Aritm could be ported to other models such as Algebra FX 2.0 Plus and fx-9750G. I don't have a link-cable for Casio and have to transfer the program through the fx-9860GII to the other calculator models and so far I've only succeeded in transferring it to fx-9750G and not to Algebra FX 2.0 Plus, CFX-9800G or fx-7700GE. Aritm cannot run on the fx-9750G as it is now.

If someone wants to help convert Aritm to other calculator models and distribute the program according to GPLv3+ that would be great. If one cannot use lists of length 590 one might use matrices and the technique I use in the TI-82-version (since lists on TI-82 can only be 99 elements long).

There are some hacks you can do to the program e.g. introduce new exercises such as multiplication with the 11 and 12 tables.

#2 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1891 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Skiing, Programming, Mountain Biking.

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

This is very nice, thanks for sharing!

Welcome to UCF!

You should introduce yourself in this thread ;) : http://www.casiocalc...?showtopic=5677

#3 M.O.B. i L.

M.O.B. i L.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO fx-9860GII, ALGEBRA FX 2.0 PLUS, fx-9750G, CFX-9800G, fx-7700GE, fx-6300G, FX-850P, fx-180Pv, fx-180P

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

The links in the original posting have changed but I could not edit that.

You can download the program here: http://df.lth.se.orb...860gii/mob-i-l/. Aritm for Casio and TI and some other systems is free open source software (FOSS) with the well known license GPLv3+. You run Aritm but the file also contains some subprograms beginning with ZA that also are necessary.

The Texas Instruments TI-82/TI-82 STATS/TI-83/TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus-version is here and it has documentation but the program is rather self-explanatory: http://df.lth.se.orb...calc.html#aritm.

#4 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • 1891 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

Looks cool, where is the source code for the casio version? I was thinking maybe I would port it to prizm since it is open source. :)

#5 M.O.B. i L.

M.O.B. i L.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

The file is already the source if you open it in a Casio editor that can open this type of file.

#6 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • 1891 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

ah, ok :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users