4 replies to this topic

#1 dscoshpe

dscoshpe

Casio Freak

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0 (v1.00), 9850Ga+, 9800, BE-300 other..

Posted 07 October 2002 - 11:00 AM

hey guys, Commander is pretty much done as it is now, however there is an annoying problem with Satelite that is preventing me from slapping it right on the web, it involves a few missing bytes of data when Commander is recieving data from the calculator, and only then too, sending works great it seems... :blink: anyways, while i have been trying to get that sorted out i have been completing many other things in Commander, but i realized that the feature to preserve the BASIC program backup data can not be completed because i dont have a source to gather the information from, and since my link cable has died i have no way of doing it myself, so if you have programs stored in the 'storage memory' *and/or* a backup created, if you could please grab those segments (should be located in the last segment/"drive") and mail them to, Commander can be released with one more feature.

... also ...

simon, my ftp account no longer functions, so ill be talking to you soon about that :D

DONT FORGET TO LOOK AT THE SITE :ph34r:

thanks!

- dscoshpe -

obligatory smiley crowd: B) :lol: :D :P ;) :o ^_^ :huh: :mellow: :) ...sleep

#2 dscoshpe

dscoshpe

Casio Freak

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0 (v1.00), 9850Ga+, 9800, BE-300 other..

Posted 07 October 2002 - 11:06 AM

oh yeah,

im going to be looking for some way to update the assembly archive better because of the fact that i am *not* a big web-master type person and *not* french it almost impossible for me to stay current, any suggestions?

what about a crawler that checks known program dump sites or something like that?

any ideas? (remember the archive is supposed to be mainly functional, providing as many programs as possible - not pretty or well reviewed)

and on that note, should it be linked to from the UCN? (if so tell simon :))

(and the ideas continue to roll....) - what about something like UCN admins can have access to it, and it can be some sort of centralized collection that could be linked to? this way there is a central collection of download statistics, or atleast reference...

- dscoshpe -

#3 Killer83Z

Killer83Z

Casio CEO

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Piano, Music, UCN<br />

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX-9850G, fx-7000G, fx-7500G, TI-83, HP100lx

Posted 07 October 2002 - 04:01 PM

Simon and me were thinking of a complete UCN side archive of every casio program for a while. It will be completed some day.

#4 rstweb

rstweb

Casio Hack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 October 2002 - 04:21 PM

that's a great idea, killer!

bye

rstweb

#5 2072

Casio over god

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Alternative states of consciousness, programming, making things work the best they possibly can.

• Calculators:
    AFX2 ROM 1.02, CFX-9940GT+, FX-180P-Plus

Posted 07 October 2002 - 10:17 PM

There is maybe a solution to your problem using TOUCHE's memory viewer :

just map the segment where you think the data are to 0x6000:0x0 writting the good values to a certain port :

to map a ROM or a FLASH segment to the address 0x6000:0x0 you need to write in the port 0x57.

These backups must be on drive M, N OR Q, I know that the basic files saved are only in the drive Q so to see them just write 0xA7 in port 0x57 and then you'll be able to see them with TOUCHE at 0x6000:0

I haven't full mem backup in my calc but I do have basics saved: and so after mapping the segment of the drive Q,

I can see that at 0x6000:0x2 :

"Programs01.................(0xC7)(0xDE).(0x0)"

("." == 0xFF)

then after the 0x0 (at 0x6001:0xF) the structure is the same than the basic file when they are in RAM : 2bytes: size, 1 byte basic zone ID (0x01) 16 bytes name and password... and you know the rest...

I guess the (0xC7)(0xDE) are the whole basic files size...

You can see that yourself only if you keep TOUCHE on your calc But you can't have fired TOUCHE of your calc. could you ? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users