• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1891 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Skiing, Programming, Mountain Biking.

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

Hi, I was just using Firefox's built-in inspect element tool and at the bottom of every page it shows this:

<iframe style="width: 330px; height: 0px; border: 0px none; position: fixed; bottom: 0px; right: 0px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1em; z-index: 2147483647; margin-right: 10px;" name="prestosavings-ifrm-01" id="prestosavings-ifrm-01" src="https://savecdn.com/addon/coupontool2/iframe.php"></iframe>

That scared me at first because I thought maybe my site was hacked or something but I checked other sites and found the same thing. If I use another browser, or view source, it is not there. So I guess it has to do with the inspector? Just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

EDIT:
Turns out it was personas interactive that was doing it.

#2 Forty-Two

Forty-Two

Casio Overlord

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-CG10 Prizm
    Casio fx-9860GII
    TI-84+ SE

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:11 AM

Hi, I was just using Firefox's built-in inspect element tool and at the bottom of every page it shows this:

<iframe style="width: 330px; height: 0px; border: 0px none; position: fixed; bottom: 0px; right: 0px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1em; z-index: 2147483647; margin-right: 10px;" name="prestosavings-ifrm-01" id="prestosavings-ifrm-01" src="https://savecdn.com/addon/coupontool2/iframe.php"></iframe>

That scared me at first because I thought maybe my site was hacked or something but I checked other sites and found the same thing. If I use another browser, or view source, it is not there. So I guess it has to do with the inspector? Just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

EDIT:
Turns out it was personas interactive that was doing it.

I suggest using firebug. It is invaluble for editing web pages, doing css, and removing pesky ads.

#3 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • 1891 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:57 AM

Well the built-in inspector's fault, it was personas interactive. But I'll try using firebug. I've heard of it but have never actually used it.

#4 MicroPro

MicroPro

Casio Overlord

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio ClassPad 300

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

Actually Firefox's FireBug, Chrome's dev tools and Opera Dragonfly are essentially the same thing. They are based around the same idea and look very similar to each other. I never use fx's bulit-in element inspector in favor of Firebug.

#5 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • 1891 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

The only one I like is opera dragonfly... it seems easier to use than any of the others I have seen...

#6 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • 1891 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:58 AM

Yeah, I ended up uninstalling that. Also, I wasn't concerned about anything malicious, I just don't like ads. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users