Karan901

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

• Calculators:
    Fx-9860GII

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Just wanted to know if it is possible to put a password on a program that i download onto my 9860GII(or create a 'folder' for my programs). Since i'm not the only one who uses the calculator i like to keep some programs so only i could use them and not any others.

Edited by Karan901, 08 January 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#2 Casimo

Casimo

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Hello Karan901 and welcome to UCF! You should introduce yourself.
You could try FxLock (downloadable in the fielesharing area). This program locks your calculator with a password so you can't use it without logging in.
Otherwise you have to recode the addin and lock it with your calculator id.

#3 Karan901

Karan901

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

• Calculators:
    Fx-9860GII

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Hello Karan901 and welcome to UCF! You should introduce yourself.
You could try FxLock (downloadable in the fielesharing area). This program locks your calculator with a password so you can't use it without logging in.
Otherwise you have to recode the addin and lock it with your calculator id.

Thanks a lot for the reply but sorry i'm not very knowledgeable about my calculator or its full function as i am still learning. But is there a way to lock specific areas/programs and not the whole calculator. Also what do you mean by recoding the addin part?

Any way to change the name of programs or change the image?. I would like to have clearer symbols/different ones and change the name so my brother can understand what each of the programs does.

Edited by Karan901, 08 January 2013 - 07:31 PM.

#4 Casimo

Casimo

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Ok, You can't lock specific areas or programs. You can just lock the complete calculator.
I said recoded, not recorded. I meant that you have to change the source of the addin and compile it again, but because you are a "newbie" this would be too difficult.
You can change the name and picture of a program with this addin: http://www.casiocalc...-fx?load_that=1 .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users