#1 Anandks

Anandks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-CG10, FX-991MS,

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

Please tell me how to calculate the value of a function in the CG-FX10 calculator. my requirement is that i want to calculate the value of a function (x2+2B+6A-20C). I want to enter the function first and calculate the value of function by entering different values for the variables x,B,A,C. Like the CALC function in my fx991 MS. How to do this in FX-CG10.

#2 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1891 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Skiing, Programming, Mountain Biking.

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

just type it into run-mat mode. To change values for x,B,A, and C, just do <value> -> <var>.

i.e.

1 -> x

• Anandks likes this

#3 Anandks

Anandks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-CG10, FX-991MS,

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

Dear Flyingfish,
Many thanks for your comments,
Yes we can enter the values like this. But the problem is that when we enter like this and we need to go back to the function expression every time after the input of the variables (Pressing the replay key) . In my 991MS and ES have a very useful feature called CALC. when we enter an expression, and press calc, It asks for input for variables and we can enter them. We can do as many repetitions as we want. It will keep asking for inputs untill we press AC. It gave me great deal of flexibility in calculating the value of function for different inputs.
So my question is that, Is there a similar way to calculate the function like in 991ES & 991MS,

#4 3298

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9750G Plus
    Algebra FX 2.0 (ROM 1.03,broken)
    HP 50G

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

Why don't you just store the function in the function memory? Look into the OPTN menu and search for FUNCMEM. Store your function in some slot, store your variables, then use the fn special symbol with the slot number behind it to evaluate the function.
You can do something very similar with the graph formula memory.

Oh, and reading the manual helps as well, pages 2-8 and 2-9 should suffice in this case.
  • Anandks likes this

#5 Anandks

Anandks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-CG10, FX-991MS,

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

Dear Casio Fan,
I appreciate your effort to support me
You are right, we can do that. But the problem with this one is you can only enter in LINE mode. and I think you have not understood my problem well. For example lets put in simple words. I have a function with 10 variables. I want to calculate the value of function by entering the value of the variable while executing the function. NOT from Variable memory. It should dynamically ask me to enter each value of the variable while executing the function so that i can enter all 10 variables.

My point is It should execute as a loop and ask me for input of variables untill i ask to stop.

This is what i did in my FX-991 MS and FX-991 ES (CALC) Function. But i couldnt find one way in my New FX-CG10.

I hope somebody can help me.

#6 3298

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9750G Plus
    Algebra FX 2.0 (ROM 1.03,broken)
    HP 50G

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

So you want a "while true do" loop asking for variables and printing the result? Simply write that into a program, everything you can write in RUN-MAT is also valid in a program. For example:
While 1
"x"?->X
"B"?->B
"A"?->A
"C"?->C
2x+2B+6A-20C\Disp
WhileEnd
...where \Disp is the small triangle you find in Shift VARS. This program keeps asking for variables and displays the value of the function at the end of each iteration. AC/on quits the program.

Alternative solution if you already have all your variables in a table on a piece of paper: Go to the STAT menu, type all the values for your first variable into List 1, the values for the second variable into List 2, and so on. The lists should now look just like your table on the paper. Then move the cursor onto the top position of an unused list ("List xy" must be high-lit, not the name field or the cell for the first value), and type your formula while replacing each variable with the list that holds its values. Your example function would look like this:
2List 1+2List 2+6List 3-20List 4
The result is that this list will now hold all the results. Parallel processing with lists FTW :)

OFFTOPIC:
That number is really my nickname, "Casio Fan" is just a title that will change when I have more posts, just like it currently says "Newbie" for you.

• abdelrahmanmostafa and Anandks like this

#7 Anandks

Anandks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-CG10, FX-991MS,

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:25 AM

Dear 3298,
Thanks for the reply and sorry for adressing casio fan, As the site says, "Newbie"
Yours is good solution and thanks for that.

Also a Gentleman from CASIO managed to answer this question and i would like to post his reply to me for those who interested.

Hello Anand,
If I understand your needs correctly, I believe the best option for you is to use the 'Equation' application on the fx-CG10. Once in 'Equation', select <F3> (Solver) and enter an equation something like Y = X + 2B + 6A - 20C. After you finish and press <EXE> you should see the entered variables appear beneath the equation, Y, X, B, A, C. Enter each value you know (A, B, C, X) and then highlight the value you would like to calculate (in this case, that's probably Y) and press <F6> (Solve).
I do hope that resolves your issue, but if you need further assistance or screenshots, please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Nathan

Nathan T. Austin
Curriculum & Online Training Manager
Education Division

CASIO AMERICA, INC.

• abdelrahmanmostafa and Anandks like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users