• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 S.H.

S.H.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:21 PM

I want to know the difference between Fx-115ms and Fx-991ms. Which is best to have? Thanks in advance.

Edited by S.H., 28 September 2014 - 02:30 PM.

#2 Maverich40

Maverich40

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Math, Programming, Astronomy, Space

• Calculators:
    Casio fxCG500, fxCG10, fx-115ES, &c. and other brands.

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:53 PM

fx-115ES Plus is CLEARLY superior.

It has MORE functions.

This can be proven by examing the keyboard; more functions are printed on 115ES Plus

As far as memory and other features are concerned, I say 115ES Plus is still king.

Also, for reasons that mystify reason, 991 is over-charing people, some places expecting $60.00 for it;

there is NO REASON to pay such a rip-off price.

When I bought my 115ES Plus, it was only $15.00, appears price has gone up some.

Anyone else with an opinion, and can justify their choices?

It is an easy-to-use, relatively intuitive machine, which should last years!

Good luck. :-|)

#3 S.H.

S.H.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:38 AM

Thanks but I already had fx-115 MS. And I want to know difference between it and fx-991MS

#4 MicroPro

MicroPro

Casio Overlord

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio ClassPad 300

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:00 PM

Hello SH and welcome to UCF! You should introduce yourself.

According to CASIO website the 991ms model can do vector and matrix calculations while the 115 can't. See this related thread. Searching CASIO's website I found this manual which seems to explain the additional features in the 991 model (here is a manual that covers most MS models).

btw the only difference between the 991 and 570 model (which you didn't mention) is that the former has a 'solar panel' in addition to its battery; so you could go for the latter if price is important for you.

Hope that helps.

#5 kasio

kasio

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:18 PM

Thanks but I already had fx-115 MS. And I want to know difference between it and fx-991MS

Some people tend to get the MS and ES models mixed up. MS does not have the Natural TextBook display system whereas the ES models do

#6 Maverich40

Maverich40

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Math, Programming, Astronomy, Space

• Calculators:
    Casio fxCG500, fxCG10, fx-115ES, &c. and other brands.

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:53 PM

Point taken, he was asking about MS, and I started ranting about  ES. Perhaps my posts might help some one asking about ES.

I must say, I use my ES model(s) quite frequentlyI Am looking directly at keyboards of both calculators: fx-115ES Plus, and fx-991ES Plus, note I am indicating _Plus_ models, they BOTH have Matrix and Vector!

I did download the PDF manual posted above. I wonder if there's something in there that can definitively answer the mystery 991 vs 115 ES _PLUS_

Edited by Maverich40, 03 October 2014 - 05:28 PM.

#7 kasio

kasio

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:44 AM

Point taken, he was asking about MS, and I started ranting about ES. Perhaps my posts might help some one asking about ES.

I must say, I use my ES model(s) quite frequentlyI Am looking directly at keyboards of both calculators: fx-115ES Plus, and fx-991ES Plus, note I am indicating _Plus_ models, they BOTH have Matrix and Vector!

I did download the PDF manual posted above. I wonder if there's something in there that can definitively answer the mystery 991 vs 115 ES _PLUS_

I own a Casio FX-83ES, FX-85ES and FX-85GT Plus. The two ES models I have made an EEPROM hack for :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users