Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Casio Fx-82Es Plus Upgrading Progress (Only Fx-82Es Plus)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kasio

kasio

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:17 PM

Note: This only specifically works on the Casio FX-82ES Plus. Other models tested, 82GT Plus, 991ES Plus and 570ES Plus did not work with it.

Refer to this thread http://community.cas...s-plus-hacking/ is you have any problems and feel free to ask me or user mariohackandglitch

This thread will have updates about upgrading the Casio FX-82ES Plus.

Progress:

Partial BASE-N Mode.

Partial BASE-N mode:

Do the steps from my other thread.

1) Do a factory reset, i.e. Shift, 9, 3, =, AC

2) Press Mode to bring up 1.COMP, 2.STAT 3.TABLE, you know, mode selection screen

3) Press the number that shows STAT mode. So it shows all the different stat modes.

4) OK, this is the tricky part. We are gonna corrupt the EEPROM here. Now how will we do this? Well, let me explain. Notice that when you press AC, the DISP graphic in the top right of the screen will display for about a second? at that time, it's writing that we are in STAT mode and that we are in STAT mode number 1 (1/X mode I think). What you need to do it press the ON button about 0.5 seconds after pressing AC. This will essentially reset the calculator before it finishes writing to the EEPROM. If you did this right, you should be in STAT mode *AND* Have the "Reg" option available when you press Shift and 1 for the Stat menu.

After that, type (4589(4589(4589(4589(AnsAns

then enter the stat menu, reg menu and type r so you have (4589(4589(4589(4589AnsAnsr

Press = then press Log. You should be in BASE-N mode. Unfortunately the BASE-N mode does not work and only the functions. But this is only available in other models so this is a step to upgrading this model :)

Big thanks to user mariohackandglitch for finding the modstring for this :)

Edited by kaikun97, 23 April 2015 - 04:18 PM.

• siealex likes this

#2 SopaXorzTaker

SopaXorzTaker

Casio Freak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Electronics and programming.

• Calculators:
    fx-991ES PLUS

Posted 20 August 2016 - 06:51 PM

Note: This only specifically works on the Casio FX-82ES Plus. Other models tested, 82GT Plus, 991ES Plus and 570ES Plus did not work with it.

Refer to this thread http://community.cas...s-plus-hacking/ is you have any problems and feel free to ask me or user mariohackandglitch

This thread will have updates about upgrading the Casio FX-82ES Plus.

Progress:

Partial BASE-N Mode.

Partial BASE-N mode:

Do the steps from my other thread.

After that, type (4589(4589(4589(4589(AnsAns

then enter the stat menu, reg menu and type r so you have (4589(4589(4589(4589AnsAnsr

Press = then press Log. You should be in BASE-N mode. Unfortunately the BASE-N mode does not work and only the functions. But this is only available in other models so this is a step to upgrading this model :)

Big thanks to user mariohackandglitch for finding the modstring for this :)

fx-991ES PLUS, instead of BASE-N just hangs up, requiring a hard reset.

#3 siealex

siealex

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

• Calculators:
    570w, 570ms, 83es, 570es, 83gt plus, 991es plus, 991de plus, 570spx ii, 9750gii

Posted 05 August 2022 - 12:20 AM

FX-82ES works fine, but not from the first try. 

PS, do we actually need "(" before "AnsAnsr"?

PPS, we do NOT! And after LOG you need to press ON, then LOG again.

Edited by siealex, 05 August 2022 - 12:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users