• 84 posts
  • Interests:C++ - OpenGL,SDL
    Python - Pygame
    Java - SFML
    C - Casio SDK

• Calculators:
    FX-9750 GII upgraded to FX-9860 GII

Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:17 AM

Does anybody know how to get gray-scale pixels on SH4-type fx-9860gii model calculators.

I've read that Kucalc got it working back in 2007 but that only for sh3. I know C and C++ but I don't know how to write assembly.

The Casio fx-9860 model series only has a monochrome LCD, therefore it can only display pixels in black and white, but a lot of people found ways to emulate tones of gray(gray-scale) on the LCDs.

You have to switch the pixels on and off at a high frequency to trick our eyes to see gray. A darker gray can be achieved by displaying the black pixels for a little while longer.

I've already tried doing this in C, but the flicker speed is not even close to the speed needed to achieve a gray looking pixel.

I know it's possible because people have already done it for the 9860G, and they also achieved gray-scale on the TI-83+ using the same technique.

I've seen it used in Doodle Jump and Mario Land CE and it looks awesome. Games look so much better with gray-scale.

Please reply if you have any information/comments about gray-scale on the SH4-type CPUs.

Edited by Viliami, 01 December 2015 - 01:38 AM.

• frankmar98 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sh4, grayscale, monochrome, lcd, casio, fx-9860g, fx-9750gii, graph85

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users