• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 02 September 2003 - 03:29 PM

Ive been thinking about trying to emulate MS Office on the classpad, with programs like Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and so on. mabey even Frontpage, yeah I know it would be practically useless, but mabey we could find something to do with it.

Anyway, I cant work on this right now cause I'm trying to finish Lydonia as soon as possible, but I was thinking that since multiple programs would be required I could partner up with 1 or 2 people and see if we could sucsessfully compleat a group project. I have some good Ideas for Word, but others could design the rest and then we just put them in a single folder together. The programs I think should be included (that I can think of off hand) are:

1) Word
2) Excel
3) PowerPoint
4) FrontPage
5) MS Paint

anyway, I intend to make Word no matter what, but if you think this is a bad idea then speak up. If you have a classpad and want to help please speak up too. :rolleyes:

#2 Andrzej

Andrzej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300

Posted 03 September 2003 - 05:35 AM

I have a classpad, and would like to help you, but i'm green in writeing programs on classpad (any calc...) . I know VBS, and a litle Qbasic. I'll try to help you as much as I can B)
As for the programs: I think that Word and Excel would be most usefull for new users of classpad, that alredy know those apps.
Powerpoint and Frontpage - they could be written as one program. cos' none will use Front page anyway (although it has many usefull mechanisms that can be used in PowerPoint) :)
And It seems that MS Paint (vel CasPaint) You alredy have
:D :rock:

#3 Guest_Bytefish Productions_*

Guest_Bytefish Productions_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2003 - 06:01 AM

word is useless since you dont have a extern keyboard.
entering char by char by a tip-tool would be disgusting.
excel would be ok, not sooo hard to realize i guess.

but word.... think twice about it. :)

#4 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:

Posted 03 September 2003 - 12:53 PM

well, I wanted a simple paint program for those who cant imagine using all of CasPaints features, and wouldn't understand them anyway. but sure, if you could try to make excel that would be great (cause I know almost nothing about it).

@bytefish: I have a ppc with MS word on it and I type with the stylus every day, its not the bad. plus, the real purpose of word would be formatting, I have an idea of how we could actually export "doc" files that could easily be transfered and opend on other calcs. see, the classpad lets you put any types of data into a list, so you could have: "Hi", 6, 4,"FORM" all in one list, so you could have number formatting commands and the strings as the text. unfortunately matrices don work like this, they only hold numbers... howerver I have thought of a way around this:

{1,2,3,4,5}->row1
{1,2,3,4,5}->row2
{1,2,3,4,5}->row3
{1,2,3,4,5}->row4
{1,2,3,4,5}->row5
{"row1","row2","row3","row4","row5"}->Matrix //puts the strings in the "matrix" list
Matrix1->tmp //stores a cell (row1) to a temporary var.
#tmp->row //treats the string inside tmp as a variable and assigns it to row
row1->X //assigns the value of the first item in row to X

as you can see this little program will treat the group of lists as a matrix, except that you can store things other than numbers, it would be an easy thing to make a reverse funtion that does the oppisite and assigns things to the matrix.

I would make these there own programs, something like MatS(X,Y) and MatR(X,Y) and either have some standardised peramerater that they use (like cell) for returning/placing the value or just add an extra perameter to the list (MatS(X,Y,"var")) which will be the name of the variable to assign it to.

#5 ross8653

ross8653

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:paintball

• Calculators:
    9850 fx2.0

Posted 03 September 2003 - 09:42 PM

what about character recognition by stylius writing? does it have that feature built in or would you have to prog that in

#6 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 03 September 2003 - 10:10 PM

thats my only problem, technically, no... but I do have a way to get around it (two actually, one fast, the other slow, both have good and bad points)

#7 Mohamed

Mohamed

UCF Police

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0, PV-S660, fx-570MS

Posted 04 September 2003 - 04:41 AM

I have a Character Recognition for my Pocket Viewer, and I have the source code, and I also know that the guy who did the program used the source of another one that I could get!

#8 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 28 October 2003 - 10:46 PM

well, i guess excel isn't needed now :lol: (they stole my idea :lol: (j/k) )
ah well, I still have plans for making word, though I think it will wait for some improvements in the classpad :)

#9 maurice1979

maurice1979

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

• Calculators:
    CP300, Fx8.... fraction sumtin', old thing with dust, it still works, with the original battery

Posted 14 November 2003 - 10:14 PM

what about character recognition by stylius writing? does it have that feature built in or would you have to prog that in

character recognition would be sweet :thumbsup:

#10 Andy.Davies

Andy.Davies

Forum Ghost

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1547 posts
  • Interests:Age: 18
    Studying: MEng in cybernetics at Reading uni
    Interests: Progaming (VB, VB.Net, C#, Casio Basic)
    Computers UBBD (Using, Building, Breaking & Destroying)
    Gaming (FPS, RTS, RPG)
    Electronics
    Rock Music (Preferably Loud)
    Riley's (Pool & Snooker Bar)
    Driving (Preferably fast)
    Aikedo (Martial Art)

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX 2.0 ROM 1.01, FX9750G

Posted 15 November 2003 - 11:25 AM

if you got charictar recognition working realy well, i t might even force me to get a classpad....

#11 UserC300

UserC300

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

• Calculators:
    Classpad 300, Casio fx-7700G, TI-81

Posted 15 November 2003 - 04:33 PM

Have you seen the screen-test in the Testmode?
I don`t know why they haven`t allready made an Add-in-Prog with that feature, like quick-notes or something?
With Basic it`s too slow, not to think of character recognition.

We will have to wait ...:D

#12 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 15 November 2003 - 04:46 PM

I actually have an idea for character recognition that might be possible, but it would be one letter at a time and would probably be on the slow side.

#13 maurice1979

maurice1979

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

• Calculators:
    CP300, Fx8.... fraction sumtin', old thing with dust, it still works, with the original battery

Posted 17 November 2003 - 12:43 PM

you shoul be able write as you would on paper, then press exe, and then reconise the equasion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users