• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Organic chemistry.<br />Pharmacy

• Calculators:
    fx 570 MS, Casio AFX 2.0+, ClassPad 300

Posted 14 September 2003 - 12:49 AM

Hi everyone
I am so happy today because Classpad 300 has been sold in Viet Nam, and i bought it yesterday. It cost $160 ( about 2.500.000 Dong { Dong is our currency}). It is not a small money for Vietnamese.
One problem is that the screen contrast is not bright. Is it because of the film protector installed on the classpad? May i take it out?
I am not usually connect to the Internet, so If you have some WEB about Classpad 300 or something special about Classpad Function, please tell me.
Cam on cac ban rat nhieu ( means Thank you so much).

:D :)

#2 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 14 September 2003 - 02:57 AM

helpfull classpad related sites:
classpad.org
casio.com
crimsoncasio.co.nr

I dont know anything about a film projector (translation error mabey?)...

Good luck with your classpad.

#3 Lovecasio

Lovecasio

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 14 September 2003 - 11:14 AM

Thanks CrimsonCasio.
The film that I said is what install on the Classpad touchscreen.
(As you can see, My English is ... bad) :rolleyes:

#4 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300 , AFX 2.0, HP-48/49/50, TI-89/92/Voyager, HP Expander, etc...

Posted 15 September 2003 - 02:35 AM

The protective plactic film on the LCD can be removed. Sure, it protects the LCD but it makes it more difficult to see. I've removed the plastic cover on mine and it makes it much more readable. The way I look at it is, my other calculators don't have a protective cover, so why should this one need it. :D If you only use the pen that came with it you should be fine.

As far as resources, www.classpad.org has the most out there right now.

#5 Lovecasio

Lovecasio

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 15 September 2003 - 11:58 AM

Thank you, SoftCalc. Now, it is easier for me to see what appear on the touchscreen.
It seems to me that you have just joined this forum, right?
If you have something special about the classpad function, please tell me.
My Email is: noah_thunderstone AT yahoo.com
Thankyou again.

#6 huhn_m

huhn_m

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1957 posts
  • Interests:Assembler(!!!)
    Computers and Programming
    Operating Systems
    Programmable Calculators
    Maths and everything arround it

• Calculators:
    FX-82SX / AFX 2.0+ (ROM 1.03) / FX 1.0+ (ROM 1.03)

Posted 15 September 2003 - 12:39 PM

Well, it would be better to tell it right in the forum since more and more people get a classpad ... so everyone can listen

#7 Andrzej

Andrzej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300

Posted 16 September 2003 - 06:08 AM

Yes this protective plactic film can be taken off, but dont take off the protector, because you may loose your guarantee...
huhn_m is compleatly right. there is more and more users of classpad on this forum, and the forum is to share our knowlage and experience

#8 PJay

PJay

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-991ES Plus

Posted 16 September 2003 - 07:33 AM

Yes this protective plactic film can be taken off, but dont take off the protector, because you may loose your guarantee...

Why ? :hammer:

#9 Andrzej

Andrzej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300

Posted 16 September 2003 - 11:27 AM

I was told, by a service guy in polish authorised casio service that when i'll remove protector and in future will have problems with touchscreen (maybe some death areas, where LCD doesn't react on pen) ;) Service may refuse to repair it for free, i think that there was mentioned something about it in user guild, but i'm not sure :P .
Not sure that this may happen in your country, but in my it will. :(

#10 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300 , AFX 2.0, HP-48/49/50, TI-89/92/Voyager, HP Expander, etc...

Posted 17 September 2003 - 01:21 AM

I was told, by a service guy in polish authorised casio service that when i'll remove protector and in future will have problems with touchscreen (maybe some death areas, where LCD doesn't react on pen)  ;)  Service may refuse to repair it for free

If you are not suppose to remove it then how come it is designed to be removable?

Also, the display is so difficult to read with the protective cover I can't imagine they would refuse to repair it because you pretty much had no choice but to removed it.

I think that there was mentioned something about it in user guild, but i'm not sure.

I'd like so see this in the manual (I'll do a search and see what I can find). If they actually say this then they may try to hold you to this, but again, it is clearly designed as a REMOVABLE cover. How can they refuse to repair it because it is a REMOVABLE cover.

#11 Andrzej

Andrzej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300

Posted 17 September 2003 - 07:32 AM

On the protector (this is this colorless plastic something on LCD) is protective film (that's the green thing on your protector), which are two different things, they are combined, but before you starting to use CsP 300 you should take the film off the protector, to do that tou have to take off protector first. I assume that your problem is that you didn't removed film from protector, you just removed protector compleatly from classpad. If you still have no idea what i'm talking about, take a look on site E-3 and E-4 on your CsP 300 Quick Start Guide... :hammer:

If you are not suppose to remove it then how come it is designed to be removable?

It's probably because when the protector get old, or damaged, so you can replace it :P

#12 DrCoyote

DrCoyote

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850GB PLUS, FX-9860G, TI 92+, TI89 Titanium, TI-Nspire, TI-Nspire CAS, TI 84+ SE, HP 50G, HP 35S, Elektronika MK-90, Elektronika MK-52, Elektronika MK-61, Elektronika B3-21, Elektronika MK-152, Elektronika MK-161, Sharp EL-9900

Posted 03 November 2003 - 08:09 PM

The removable screen protector is a design problem, if you ask me. It causes a lot of glare and reduces the contrast of the display. But I wouldn't remove it. It does protect the screen from scratches. Even if you only use the stylis, the screen will eventually scratch. I use my Classpad extensively, and the protector is starting to show some wear.

Most touch screen protectors, such as those that are sold for PDAs, have an adhesive that holds them in place. This one does not. That's a real problem. Without the adhesive, dust and such can get under the protector. The protector also slides about a little, so that dust can grind into the screen. It is a very poor design.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement protector? As I said, mine is showing wear.

#13 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 03 November 2003 - 08:12 PM

I have a nember for ClassPad part replacement but I havent got approval to post it yet... mabey a little later (i'll ask again)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users