smm3036

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0 PLUS

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

I need an important help;
I have set a password for my program in Algebra FX2 plus and forgot it, how i can recover my password?
thanks

#2 3298

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9750G Plus
    Algebra FX 2.0 (ROM 1.03,broken)
    HP 50G

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

First option: send a backup to the PC, then open it with any editor. (It doesn't need to be able to write or display them, it just shouldn't throw an error.) Find the ASCII code for your program's name, search for it (mind that the line break could be anywhere inside the name), the password should begin 9 bytes (=18 hex digits) after that.
Second option: find an add-in that can print out your password. GComm and Touche (both available in our filesharing) might be able to do that, but I could be wrong.
Third option: get an on-calc hex editor. (Hacksedit is just that but I somewhen threw it out of my collection in favor of the one in Touche.) The first file begins at address 0x1C20:000A, they are ordered by file type (0x01-0x0F), and files of the same type are ordered alphabetically. Programs are type 0x01, and a file looks like this: 2 bytes size (little endian) and 1 byte type (might be the other way round), 8 bytes name, some data, then again the file size. The next file begins directly after that, so to get from one file to the next, just add the size to the address. Like most file types, programs have a substructure, consisting of this: 1 byte 0x00 (so the name can always be treated as C-style string), 8 bytes password, and again 1 byte 0x00. Unused bytes in name and password are always filled with 0x00.

If you don't have a PC cable and your calculator doesn't already have an add-in of the types I mentioned, you're screwed. (There is a reason for not being able to transmit a password-protected program or being able to view its password and content.) Also, for the first and third option you should have a basic understanding of ASCII codes, hex editors and such.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: program, password, recover, algebra

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users