#1 Antheus

Antheus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Calculators:
    algebra fx 2.0

Posted 10 January 2004 - 09:12 PM

I wish thath someone explain to me how can I transfer images from Pc to my algebra fx 2.0 plus, I dont have no problems in put images in bmp or other format but I don't get to convert for the cat format and later to unload for it plans her.
I hope that some people can to help me.
Se poderem enviem-me informa??es para aantheus AT hotmail.com
I thank the released attention.

#2 Andy.Davies

Andy.Davies

Forum Ghost

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1547 posts
  • Interests:Age: 18
    Studying: MEng in cybernetics at Reading uni
    Interests: Progaming (VB, VB.Net, C#, Casio Basic)
    Computers UBBD (Using, Building, Breaking & Destroying)
    Gaming (FPS, RTS, RPG)
    Electronics
    Rock Music (Preferably Loud)
    Riley's (Pool & Snooker Bar)
    Driving (Preferably fast)
    Aikedo (Martial Art)

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX 2.0 ROM 1.01, FX9750G

Posted 10 January 2004 - 09:38 PM

ok, what program do you use for transfer? the easiest to do this with is casio com. (availabel Here on the File menu, press open, and select you bmp file. then you can select the bmp in the explorer on the left, and press transmit (making sure the calc is in recive mode first) you then can use RclPict 1 to view the image on your calc (remember to change the calc type to AFX in the settings on the file menu.

btw: try searching the forum before asking a question, as i have a feeling i have answed this question not too long ago...

#3 Mohamed

Mohamed

UCF Police

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0, PV-S660, fx-570MS

Posted 10 January 2004 - 10:23 PM

Yes, we have discussed that before, and here's the detailed answer that I haven't said before (I'll add it to the FAQs on my page):
But first as for andy's reply:
CasioCOM works with CFX series in all categories (BASIC files, lists, matrices, variables, pictures ...), while with the AFX it ONLY works with BASIC files, it can never send pictures to AFX, that's also written on GP's site.
I had an experience not long ago with transferring BMPs to AFX, but you can imagine, I've tried every single possible way, and here's the conclusion.

To transfer a BMP image to AFX (not talking about sending/viewing pictures through add-ins):
  • FA-123: impossible!
  • CasioCOM: imposible!
  • BMP to CAT (and all similar programs): works only for color images, and if you open the CAT file with FA-123, it will tell you that all data will (then is) lost by conversion!
  • JP Painter: excellent piece of software, but you'll have to draw your images yourself, since importing other images makes distortions in the picture in the middle (dunno why), and I've tried every possible trick to make it work (like cutting the images in halves and so, but with no success), so you draw or import your image, edit it, make a CAT file, send it to AFX, it will be stored in Pic1, so in order to send more ones without overwriting Pict 1, just display the picture in the graph mode (on you AFX of course :greengrin: ), then store it as Pict 20 or whatever.
    Download from my site! I was beta-testing it old time ago, but seems like he stopped improving it.
  • FX-Interface: final and simplest solution unless you have the SB-87 cable (like me). If so then you'll keep trying all types of cable settings in the program, and trying receiving once in the normal mode, and another time by pressing <span class=F4' /> - <span class=F5' /> - <span class=F6' /> in the Receive mode, well, just look for what works for you.
    I was trying to send a program with a picture through FX-Interface, I was able to send the program through a certain setting, then the picture through another setting which didn't work twice then worked in the 3rd time! :profanity: :banghead:
    This software is easy to understand and use (mind you it's French) IFF (if and only if :greengrin: ) the cable works all ok.
    Get it from http://perso.wanadoo...e_pro_3.0.0.rar
Now if you have a CAT file with some picture in it and want to see it, you have to simple solutions:
1) FX-Interface.
2) Send it to your AFX using FA-123, then back to the FA-123 as an H-MEM and you'll be able to view it and save it.

Hope that helps and I'm waiting for you to say it worked!

P.S. You could send/view large grey scale images to AFX through a program called BMP100 by Na-Prod I think, his site is on the links page (look at the top of this page).

#4 mastermage

mastermage

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

• Calculators:
    Graph100+ ROM 1.03, Dead Graph100 ROM 1.02, Classpad 300 0S 1.24

Posted 10 January 2004 - 10:38 PM

no, bmp100 is from tonton1664, and it can convert bmps in black&white, greyscale 3 and greyscale 5 self executables, c source code, asm source code.
just try it, it's the best :) (for afx only ! )

#5 Andy.Davies

Andy.Davies

Forum Ghost

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1547 posts
  • Interests:Age: 18
    Studying: MEng in cybernetics at Reading uni
    Interests: Progaming (VB, VB.Net, C#, Casio Basic)
    Computers UBBD (Using, Building, Breaking &amp; Destroying)
    Gaming (FPS, RTS, RPG)
    Electronics
    Rock Music (Preferably Loud)
    Riley's (Pool &amp; Snooker Bar)
    Driving (Preferably fast)
    Aikedo (Martial Art)

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX 2.0 ROM 1.01, FX9750G

Posted 10 January 2004 - 10:47 PM

Sorry, i only tested it with my FX, my AFX is busy at the moment...

#6 mastermage

mastermage

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

• Calculators:
    Graph100+ ROM 1.03, Dead Graph100 ROM 1.02, Classpad 300 0S 1.24

Posted 11 January 2004 - 11:29 AM

oh excuse me it's just that FX/AFX works the same way
so: for FX/AFX/Graph100 (+) only LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic