• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Nexus_t1000

Nexus_t1000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 04:52 PM

I have a CP300 and i think that the CP300 could be the best machine, it has all the potential for that..., im Electrical Engineer and the CP300 is a beautiful machine, but Casio must head their efforts to eliminate the weaknesses and get the balance between The learning Machine and the Engineering tool. The most of us buy that kind of machines with the ilusion of getting the ultimate solution to our calc & learning needs, our real MIND-MATE and at the end, is painful be disapointed.

The CP300 should :

1.- Give us pleasure to use it
2.- Offer at least the standard Enginnering needs (In the mean time, it doesn?t) and become our real work partner.
3.- Help us to self-learn maths and progress
4.- Help us to teach math and help to others

I hope that CASIO listen the people and improve the SO enough to meet our expectations. If they dont, the most of us will continue carry 3 or more machines on the pocket to satisfy our needs and finally (Tired) sell the CP300 and wait for the next solution.

Im waiting for the SO version 2.0 to see if i keep my CP300 or dump it.
B)

#2 Guest_djsoftlayer_*

Guest_djsoftlayer_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2004 - 11:52 PM

I hope too, im stading electrical ing and i think the same about your topic, maybe casio will put somethings new in the new OS... after all casio will need prepare for the competence of QUONO the new calculator by hydrix... id put a TOPIC of it in the forum

#3 fiberoptik

fiberoptik

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300, FX-850P, FX-7700G, Voyage 200

Posted 27 December 2004 - 02:18 PM

Hello, i'm in total agreement with you. I think that CP has the pottencial to become the best calculator in the world, it only needs Casio improvements. As i said before in this forum, if Casio don't make anything to make CP an engineer tool, i'll sell my CP and buy TI Voyage 200.
CP is the only calculator that can compete with Voyage, and Casio don't seems to care about it.
By the way, i'm studying Electronics and Computer Engineering

#4 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 27 December 2004 - 08:21 PM

oh Casio cares about it... trust me, not even a big company like casio goes through that big a project without caring about it, you just dont yet have a grasp of how long it takes them to get anything done that we can see. example:

i suggest something to SoftCalc, depending on what it is (and if its a good idea ;) ) he has to pass it on to someone else, then that person passes it on to the next person when they can (and after they've looked at it themselves), repeat about 100 times, now someone that has the athority to make the decision has it, but they are busy as heck, 3 weeks pass, they now have time to look at the suggestion (by now its been translated into japanese), they say yes (for purposes of example). repeat entire process in revese order so that the "go ahead" reaches a person that can actually do something (in this case SoftCalc). knowing softcalc he'd probably has already made the darn thing by this point and is just waiting to release it (ex: SDK). and of course, we're all sitting here on a day by day basis complaining about how long it takes to make the simplest of decsions/changes/additions. you really have to think of it like traffic, if one car stops or is going slow (or wrecks), all the cars in the line are effected, and because nobody moves at the exact same speed your gona have one heck of a trafic jam considering how many people are involved. (and you just have to pray that there isnt some mistake somewhere, because thats gona cost you big time ;) )

anyway, remember that and you'll be happier :D

#5 Orwell

Orwell

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio AFX 1.02 / Casio ClassPad 300

Posted 28 December 2004 - 09:17 AM

2.- Offer at least the standard Enginnering needs (In the mean time, it doesn?t) and become our real work partner.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you give me some examples of the stuff you need? Because I don't see what you call "the standard Enginnering needs". I'm studying Computer Engineering too btw :nod:

#6 fiberoptik

fiberoptik

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 28 December 2004 - 07:40 PM

Orwell, i think i can answer that question. We , people in engineering, need for exemple : Base n conversion, Unit conversion, Fourier transform, Laplace transform, and there are more...

Best regards

fiberoptik

#7 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300 , AFX 2.0, HP-48/49/50, TI-89/92/Voyager, HP Expander, etc...

Posted 28 December 2004 - 10:41 PM

Orwell, i think i can answer that question. We , people in engineering, need for exemple : Base n conversion, Unit conversion, Fourier transform, Laplace transform, and there are more...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does the HP and TI offer Fourier and Laplace transforms?

Base n conversion is pretty useful for computer science and unit conversion is pretty critical too (especially for a Physics major). There is add-in software that will do both of these right now. There is a "binary" calculator add-in that will operate in binary, octal, decimal, or hexadecimal. There is also a pretty nice units package that gets added to your library folder.

#8 Nexus_t1000

Nexus_t1000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 07:34 PM

Does the HP and TI offer Fourier and Laplace transforms?

Base n conversion is pretty useful for computer science and unit conversion is pretty critical too (especially for a Physics major). There is add-in software that will do both of these right now. There is a "binary" calculator add-in that will operate in binary, octal, decimal, or hexadecimal. There is also a pretty nice units package that gets added to your library folder.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not be confussed, the most of us know something about the process (and the big dificulties) to get improvements in a machine like CP300. As engineering project manager i see that picture everyday on my desk. So my Gold rule is "Always Listen my internal and external customers" my mission is figure and priorize the implementation.

Do you really think that we are pleased carrying 3 calculators in our briefcase day by day to do our jobs And/or Studies with a great but incomplete machine between them?? (No mention the fellowes jokes :D !!!)

We would like that all that features come builded-in the machine, with the proper Casio's QC and optimization. Do you guarantee that the add-ins that you mention, meet that specs?.

Should we wait for someone's good will that write a laplacian or fourier add-in???

Excuse me but, when we spend our money in a machine, we are doing a investment in a tool and is painfull to see a magnificent and amazing machine as the CP300 working under its potential (Moreover for us, engineers!!). NO Dubt, i repeat, the CP300 is a great machine even in the current state..the only thing that we ask to Casio is : PLEASE, DO ALL NECESSARY FOR THAT THE CP300 BECOME THE BEST MACHINE AND LISTEN TO THE CUSTOMERS.

Excuse my comments, no bad intentions involved in. just love for CASIO's technology. :D

#9 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:

Posted 30 December 2004 - 07:39 AM

lol, i dont know about Casio exactly, but Saltire and SoftCalc are sure to ;)

#10 fiberoptik

fiberoptik

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 30 December 2004 - 02:47 PM

SoftCalc, TI offers Fourier (and many more...) as an add-in. Take a good look ( if you hadn't already) at the TI site.

Best regards

fiberoptik

#11 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 31 December 2004 - 07:35 PM

SoftCalc, TI offers Fourier (and many more...) as an add-in. Take a good look ( if you hadn't already) at the TI site.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I've seen the Calculus Tools (Concept) on TI's website. It has some nice features, but not as complete of a Fourier series as I would have hoped for. This is probably why it is a add-in and not built-in.

What I think is even better is Symbulator Q, which is a really nice symbolic circuit simulator. It looks like it have some nice advanced math functions too.

I should point out that these are not built into the TI-89 but are add-ins. Of course this emphasizes the need for the ClassPad SDK as soon as possible. :)

#12 fiberoptik

fiberoptik

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 03 January 2005 - 09:30 AM

quote:
"Of course this emphasizes the need for the ClassPad SDK as soon as possible"

I'm in complete agreement with you SofCalc.

BTW: As an student in Electronics Eng., for me a circuit simulator woulb be great !

Happy new year

Regards

fiberoptik

#13 fiberoptik

fiberoptik

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 03 January 2005 - 02:44 PM

Softcalc, i'm astonished after looking at the PAXM site, (Fourier ! Laplace ! Series !), i didn't knew the existence of such advanced tools for any calc. TI is way ahead of Casio. Your are absolutelly right, SDK needed, with urgence !
You are right about the circuit simulator, is very good

Once again, best regards and keep up the good work

fiberoptik

#14 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 03 January 2005 - 10:58 PM

Softcalc, i'm astonished after looking at the PAXM site, (Fourier ! Laplace ! Series !), i didn't knew the existence of such advanced tools for any calc. TI is way ahead of Casio.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is true for 3rd party software, but I'd disagree when it comes to the ClassPad calculator. I think the ClassPad can be the best platform (far better than TI). It has a larger display, faster CPU, and the pen is a much better interface for many applications.

I really hope to see some great third party add-ins when the SDK is available. :rolleyes:

#15 fiberoptik

fiberoptik

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 04 January 2005 - 11:38 AM

I agree with you SoftCalc, CP has everything to become the best calc.

Regards

fiberoptik

#16 Nexus_t1000

Nexus_t1000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:03 PM

I agree with softcalc too. B)

#17 manuelfrank12

manuelfrank12

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

• Calculators:
    classpad 300

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:11 PM

I agree with softcalc too. B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think if casio don?t hurry the gone to lose
they had to out the sdk
c++ have a lot of programs that is ready only have to translate

#18 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 04 January 2005 - 09:35 PM

i think if casio don?t hurry the gone to lose
they had to out the sdk
c++ have a lot of programs that is ready only have to translate

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The SDK will be available very soon. Keep an eye on http://www.cpsdk.com. ;)

#19 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 05 January 2005 - 01:12 AM

^-- correction, you can download it now :D

enjoy everyone ;)

#20 2072

Casio over god

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Alternative states of consciousness, programming, making things work the best they possibly can.

• Calculators:
    AFX2 ROM 1.02, CFX-9940GT+, FX-180P-Plus

Posted 05 January 2005 - 01:27 AM

Could we give the direct link or everyone have to register to download the SDK?

#21 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 05 January 2005 - 01:58 AM

you have to register still, but its not quite the same as it was (anyone can register and get the sdk)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users