#1 stavros14

stavros14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-9860G

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:40 PM

I have a very serious problem.One day I just couldnt turn on the calculator.I pressed the reset button but the calculator was still dead.I measured the voltage in the batteries and they were almost dead.So I put a set of new batteries.However the calculator was still dead.No reset worked,not anything.Then I noticed a little hole on the left upper corner of the backup battery compartment.Inside this little hole there seemed to be 2 copper pads,so i thought that if I short circuit them,something might happen.And all of a sudden the calculator became alive!!! However on the screen there was a message informing me about a fault in the OS and that it needed upgrade.So I connected it to the computer and started upgrading.All of a sudden the upgrade stops and an error message appears.I disconnect the calculator,I press reset and it shuts down.So I tried to short circuit the 2 pads to get it back on...Nothing! The calculator was now seriously dead.I have done almost everything imaginable to turn it on but to no use.In a nutshell...Im desparate,please heeelp!!!!!

#2 huhn_m

huhn_m

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1957 posts
  • Interests:Assembler(!!!)
    Computers and Programming
    Operating Systems
    Programmable Calculators
    Maths and everything arround it

• Calculators:
    FX-82SX / AFX 2.0+ (ROM 1.03) / FX 1.0+ (ROM 1.03)

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:42 AM

there only seems to be the way to send it to the support.

You for sure have still waranty for it.
Anyhow. DON'T tell them that you short circuited it or such a thing!
You can loose your waranty because of that!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users