• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio FX-85MS
    Casio FX-9860G
    Casio FX-9860GII

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:26 AM

hi i just wonder is there a way to make my 9860g display answer in exact form rather than just approximation? e.g sin(pi/3) = root3/2 sin(pi/4) = 1/root2 etc?

Also, i think i need help in transfering .g1m files. I have just downloaded Laguerre 1.1 and I trying importing it using FA-124. However after importing laguerre.g1m instead of showing one file in the program folder on the "computer" windows it shows me three files, i.e diffploy, evapoly & laguerre. May I know what should I do next? Just click and drag the laguerra file or all the three files?

#2 E_net4

E_net4

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Programming 'n' stuff...

• Calculators:
    CASIO fx 9860G SD

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:26 PM

If those 3 programs came from the same .G1M file, just make sure they're all on the Programs folder in the main memory. Then just load the appropriate one.
I can't really help you on the first question, though. There is no such feature on the calculator.

#3 sunnyboy

sunnyboy

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio FX-85MS
    Casio FX-9860G
    Casio FX-9860GII

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:29 AM

Hey thanks E_net4 :greengrin: , however I still have a couple of questions since I am a new 9850g user.

1.) Is there a way to password protect your program AFTER you have created the file? i.e after you have selected "new" without specifying a password.

2.) Is there a way to backup just a few selected program into the storage memory rather than everything that is in the program folder?

3.) Does the p button clear both the main and storage memory? or just the main memory?

Thanks.

#4 E_net4

E_net4

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO fx 9860G SD

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:28 PM

And here I go:

1. Just do the following:
a)Go to your program's code's beginning, do the Clip function (Shift+8), go down until all text is selected and do either cut or copy.
b)Create a new program with the desired password.
c)Use Paste (Shift+9) to send all the selected code to the new program.
And there. You can't change the password directly, but you can transfer the code from and to other programs. :rolleyes:
2. Easy as pi(I like pi :D ). Just open the main memory, go to the programs folder, select the ones you want to backup, and use Copy in order to copy them to the storage memory. Give the backup file a name, select the directory(root as default) and you're done. Your programs will be saved as a .g1m file.
3. Sorry, but what p button? :unsure:

#5 sunnyboy

sunnyboy

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio FX-85MS
    Casio FX-9860G
    Casio FX-9860GII

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:29 PM

Hey E_net4 I must say thanks again :) . Anyway the p button is actually the reset button that is located inside of the battery compartment.

#6 E_net4

E_net4

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

• Calculators:
    CASIO fx 9860G SD

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:00 AM

Thought so. Usually, nothing happens to the memory, but sometimes the main memory can get cleared. The storage memory is completely safe from that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users