#1 McCoy

McCoy

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:play around with figures.

• Calculators:
    CFX - 9850 GB PLUS,Classpad 330, TI-89 Titanium.

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:57 AM

I want to define f(x) =(-x for x is less than -1 and 2x-1 for x greater or equal 1).Then calculate f(5) and f(10).I can do this on ti 89T, but not on cp....does anyone have an idea of the same operation on cp-> I'd apprecaite your help guys.
Thank you.

#2 Behnoud

Behnoud

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

• Calculators:
    CP 300+ OS2.2/
    FX 3600 pv/
    FX 115 s/
    FX 602P

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:49 PM

It seems silly but simply make the code in CP Basic.

#3 McCoy

McCoy

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:05 AM

Thanks for the brilliant suggestion, but how do I make such a code in CP basic-> I'm not an 'expert' when it comes to this cp thing..

#4 vanhoa

vanhoa

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0, CP 300, CP 330, nSpire, TI 89, FX 5800

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:24 AM

define f(x)=piecewise(x<-1,-x,2x-1)
<=> if x<-1 then f=-x else f=2x-1

I think that you must read the manual before asking any more question.

#5 McCoy

McCoy

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:50 AM

Thanks for your reply...but look you won't learn much on casio cp manual.The cp thing may be capable of doing some maths but that capability is useless unless the user is instructed how to make use of it ...i mean these guys(casio dudes) just keeping the instruction of operations to themselvese .i know it's hard to understand untill i clarify what i mean...in the cp manual , the 'thorough' explanation and 'example' given about the piecewise is; open quote (''condition Judgement(judge,piecewise)") end quote.And then they have something like this......operation:[piecewise]0 is less than x,1,2,0 EXE.How on earth can someone understand this and how relevant is it to solving my question-> However, if someone think he knows any good info on cp manual that has exactly addressed the question i asked ,I'd be happy to know the page.By the way, i was quoting the above syntax from 2-4-10 (ver 3.02) and 2-4-9 for v 3.03. Let alone reading manual before posting, i always ask my buddies because doing so save me money sometimes..(it aint a fun using up your internet credit if you can save it).
Thanks mate.

#6 Behnoud

Behnoud

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

• Calculators:
    CP 300+ OS2.2/
    FX 3600 pv/
    FX 115 s/
    FX 602P

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:17 AM

If you ask me (I mean in my opinion) : FEEL FREE TO ASK YOUR QUASTION! Was it loud->
This will save your money, you know Time is the money.
Sometime seeking the CP manual is tooooo time consuming for these things.

#7 vanhoa

vanhoa

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0, CP 300, CP 330, nSpire, TI 89, FX 5800

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:22 AM

I seems a strange myself... but I like reading manual :|. Ofcause you can ask, but I dont think you should open a new topic for every question ^_^

#8 McCoy

McCoy

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:20 PM

First,well opening a new topic for every question is a complete matter in its own and that's not what we were dealing with. what were were on is reading manual and the availabilityof the innformation that the user/reader wants in it.....and upto now i think no one have told me (by quoting a page)that i should have solved that question on the info available on cp manual.

Second, i think I'm justified to open a new thread for a new topic and if it's not like that on this forum, well then the whole things doesn't make sense at all.i don't think it's 'fair' to post new threads under ti vs casio....Future users can do a search of the forum and find what they are looking for easily.
Third, I read manuals. I never ask questions when it comes to using Ti because everyone knows that their manuals are organise and have everything you need.So it's good that we both read manuals and there's nothing strange about it.
Lastly, thanks for being there always to solve 'cp manual' puzzles.
Have a great day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users