• Calculators:
    FX-350
    FX-570ES
    FX-9860GII
    TI-89
    ClassPad 330 (Soon)

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:37 AM

Hi Guys!!

I'm new at the forum as you can see LOL.

I'm a Mechanical and Mechatronical Engineering student, I own a FX-570ES, nice calc; but I'm looking a more powerful calculator. I'm looking for HP, TI, Casio, but are much options.

so, Which calculator do you recommend to me?? I must say I don't have much money to expend on it. hehe.

I'll wait for your answers.

Thanks!!

#2 mintsmike

mintsmike

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-5500L, fx-991ES,fx-9860SD (with GII SD OS), Casio Classpad 330, MS Windows Calc, Ubuntu Calc, a Hammer and my Brain!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:57 PM

Hi dalagox and welcome to the UCF! :)

I would reccomend the fx-9860G. Most of us use that and its a very powerful, graphing alternative to the scientific fxes . I certainly upgraded from the fx-991ES to that one.

Regards

#3 dalagox

dalagox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-350
    FX-570ES
    FX-9860GII
    TI-89
    ClassPad 330 (Soon)

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

Hey!
Thanks for the quick answer!! What do you think about FX-9860GII?? have any hardware and software improvements or something?? backlight doesn't care for me.

I can wait a little bit, I want a good calculator (but I don't have money to buy a Classpad), so I wait for your opinions!

One question... Sometimes I need to resolve 6 equations with 6 unknowns, my FX-570ES can resolve up to 4 x 3. The 9860G can resolve 6 x 6??

thanks for your help mintsmike!

bye!

#4 mintsmike

mintsmike

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-5500L, fx-991ES,fx-9860SD (with GII SD OS), Casio Classpad 330, MS Windows Calc, Ubuntu Calc, a Hammer and my Brain!

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:39 PM

Sorry, I forgot about the GII version. Yeah, I would go for that one:

I believe it has better hardware and the display is also better too.

Yes, the fx9860 can solve simultaneous equations up to and including degree 6.

PS. If you are of a different language, you could mabye post in your native language in the International Boards.

Regards,

#5 dalagox

dalagox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-350
    FX-570ES
    FX-9860GII
    TI-89
    ClassPad 330 (Soon)

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:00 PM

hehe, yeah, I have other mother language, but I prefer english Forums. I can get more information!

Do you know when will be released the GII on the US?? I can't wait to much hehe!

thanks!

#6 mintsmike

mintsmike

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:14 AM

GII is getting released very soon in the US i asm sure.

Some time in May i think ....

#7 dalagox

dalagox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-350
    FX-570ES
    FX-9860GII
    TI-89
    ClassPad 330 (Soon)

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:40 AM

GII is getting released very soon in the US i asm sure.

Some time in May i think ....

Thanks!

I've a new question... I was looking a HP 48GII; what do you think about this calc?? Is better than FX-9860GII?? I Love simultaneous equations solver from FX-9860G/GII, Is very Easy and I need it a LOT! but I see than HP 48GII has CAS, displays 3D graphics, and has an ARM 9 @ 48 MHz... Seems to be more powerful...

So, I don't Know what to do. Which is better? In UI, Memory, Speed, Applications.

Waiting For your answers!

Regards!

#8 mintsmike

mintsmike

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:17 AM

Right, If you need the features of a CAS and you are new to advanced calculators I would suggest the ClassPad 330.

However I will explain the HP48GII. Its CAS is very powerful and can do many things including Simultaneous equations. It does have less memory than both the fx-9860 and the ClassPad. It is very fast and offers a wide range of applications to the user, slightly more than that of the fx-9860G.

However, there is one daunting prospect of the HP 48/49/50 series. I have known experts in the HP calculator serieses that have taken 3 weeks to learn the simple basics of the HP user interface. If you want an easy to learn, nontime consuming CAS, then I would go for the ClassPad. If you dont really need CAS I would go for the fx-9860 and If you want 3D Graphs and a powerful calculator and are willing to spend time learning it, then I would go for the HP48 or the 49.

Regards

#9 dalagox

dalagox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-350
    FX-570ES
    FX-9860GII
    TI-89
    ClassPad 330 (Soon)

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:20 AM

mintsmike,

I'm buying a FX-9860GII... but I want to buy a CAS calculator by the end of the year... I like classpad, but the hardware is getting dated... TI Nspire has much hardware but has some "bugs" and seems to be an expensive and bad calculator, and TI-89T has less hardware than Classpad.

So, do you know if Casio will release a new classpad version and software version in this year? like Classpad II Hehehe

Classpad stylus UI is easy? what about speed and engineering applications?

Thanks a lot!!

Edited by dalagox, 17 May 2009 - 08:51 PM.

#10 mintsmike

mintsmike

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:00 AM

OK; First of all: Why do you post all in bold. I have to appologize if I have annoyed or upset you. I did not intend any offence.

I would say that Nspire is much faster than classpad, but It does have some bugs. It also has 32MB of Flash ROM! :). The classpad is fast enough. But it is not super-fast as the nspire is.

Yes the classpad UI is very easy to learn and it has some engineering applications installed. You can also program your own engineering applications that is not too difficult. Go here and here. You may also find other topics related to what you are talking about in the classpad forum. And no, I dont think that CASIO will release a new version of the classpad as they have done the fx-9860

Regards

#11 ZweiLynx

ZweiLynx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

• Calculators:
    HP 10bII+
    Sharp EL-738
    Casio fx-991MS
    Sharp EL-531W
    Casio fx-9860G SD
    Casio Algebra FX 2.0 Plus

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:10 PM

1 - Download the emulator and play with it. If you end up liking it, get the calc.

2 - Download all the emulators for the calcs you're interested in, and use them to compare the calcs. Then make your choice.

#12 mintsmike

mintsmike

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:08 AM

Oh thanks ZweiLynx, I completely forgot about the emulators.

That is how i made my choice and I was happy with them.

Go here: http://www.casiocalc...?showtopic=4231. The links are at post #3 for the classpad emulator.

Regards

#13 dalagox

dalagox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-350
    FX-570ES
    FX-9860GII
    TI-89
    ClassPad 330 (Soon)

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:12 PM

Thanks guys! I downloaded the classpad Manager, I like it... Anyway I'm buying a FX-9860GII while Casio release a new Classpad edition. I hope so...
Casio can easily beat Nspire CAS velocity... just need a HW upgrade!! :rolleyes: And it's time, don't you think so? Classpad 360 LOL :nod:

Thanks a lot!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users