#1 simon0003

simon0003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 330

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:35 AM

Hey there, I'm new here and need to know how to do the following things on my Casio ClassPad 330. Any help is greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:

I need to know how to transpose an equation to make a specific pro numeral the subject.

how to find the gradient of a line from an equation.

how to find the co-ordinates of the points on the curve knowing only the y value and equation.

how to find the equation of the line joining two points.

Thanks in advance

#2 ASTRO491K

ASTRO491K

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:23 PM

These questions are quite simple and there really isn't much to do using a calculator, except that question #1 is unclear.
1. How to transpose an equation to make a specific pro numeral the subject?
Please explain the terms and give an example. I have never heard of a pro numeral or an equation having a subject. Perhaps you are asking a language question as opposed to a math question?

2. How to find the gradient of a line from an equation?
A linear equation can be put into the form y=mx + b in which case m is the slope (gradient) of the line. You can do this on your calculator using solve.

3. How to find the co-ordinates of the points on the curve knowing only the y value and equation?
Solve the equation for x and then substitute in any y value and the x value obtained along with that y value are the co-ordinates of a point on the curve.

4. How to find the equation of the line joining two points?
Arbitrarily number one point to be point one and the other point two. Then from the co-ordinates you will have x1 and x2 values along with y1 and y2 values. The slope m of the line is (y2-y1)/(x2-x1) and you can do this arithmetic using your calculator if you like. The equation of the line then is:
y-y1=m(x-x1).

Thanks in advance
[/quote]

#3 simon0003

simon0003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 330

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:11 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, I know how to do these equations, but I was having trouble figuring out how to solve them on the ClassPad 330. I should have made myself more clear in my original post, I apologize. Could anyone please explain how to solve the equations using the ClassPad 330?
Thank you :P

#4 Guest_hiyas7926_*

Guest_hiyas7926_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:25 AM

Thanks for the quick reply, I know how to do these equations, but I was having trouble figuring out how to solve them on the ClassPad 330. I should have made myself more clear in my original post, I apologize. Could anyone please explain how to solve the equations using the ClassPad 330?
Thank you :P

i just got mine aswell and i cant figure out how to do any of that stuff
what i really want 2 no though sounds simple but has been giving me a lot of trouble
do you know how to delete an entire line in the main i can only delete the numbers on the left side

#5 MicroPro

MicroPro

Casio Overlord

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio ClassPad 300

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:37 PM

Questions that need to be answered...

how to delete an entire line in the main i can only delete the numbers on the left side

Click that line and select Edit->Delete.

How to transpose an equation to make a specific pro numeral the subject?

As Astro491K said this question is not clear...

how to find the gradient of a line from an equation?

Example: y+4x=5.
Solve it for y:
solve(y+4x=5,y)
You'll get {y=-4*x+5}. "-4" is the slope.

how to find the co-ordinates of the points on the curve knowing only the y value and equation.

Example: Find the value(s) of x where y=2 in the following equation: y=x^2
Answer:
solve(y=x^2)|y=2
You'll get {x=-sqrt(2),x=sqrt(2)}.

how to find the equation of the line joining two points.

You can define a function to do it:
define eqline(px1,py1,px2,py2)=((py2-py1)/(px2-px1))*(x-px1)+py1
Example: Find the equation of line joining two points (1,5) and (2,3): eqLine(1,5,2,3)
You'll get -2*(x-1)+5.

This is it. They're really easy to do if you take time and read the manual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users