#1 LenMiller

LenMiller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9750GII graphing

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:51 PM

I just received my fx-9750GII and hope this is the correct forum. If not, please yell back.

I'm a backyard horseshoe pitcher (and kinda crazy) and like to keep track of my ringer percentage. For convenience, I hope to fasten my calculator to my tool belt (which also holds the second shoe) It looks like the Stat / List 1 may be the way to do this.

After filling some 50 data items with integers from 0 through 9 in List 1, I want to be able to recap certain things. Since ringers are valued at 3 points, I wish to sum only the data items with values of 3, then use that to calculate my ringer pct for that session. Some of the other integers I hope to use as reasons for the missed ringer -- 1 = missed left, 2 = missed right, etc.

At first glance, it looks like I must create several subroutines that are called from a main routine.
First, count all cells which equal 3, then divide by the total of occupied cells (usually, but not always 50), then multiply by 100 for ringer pct, then display that tally as "Ringer Pct, 62"
Second, count all cells which equal 1, then display that tally as "Missed Right, 5"
Third, count all cells which equal 2, then display that tally as "Missed Left, 0"
Fourth, count all cells which equal 4, then ....

Am I on the right track?
Len Miller

ps: By the way, I am thrilled to see how far these machines have advanced from the old days. I was the proud owner of TI's sr52 in the late 70's and spent tireless hours developing routines for involute spur gear geometry. Please be patient with me as the syntax and navigation of this Casio is far different from that Texas Instruments machine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users