• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1891 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Skiing, Programming, Mountain Biking.

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

Hi, I was just using Firefox's built-in inspect element tool and at the bottom of every page it shows this:

<iframe style="width: 330px; height: 0px; border: 0px none; position: fixed; bottom: 0px; right: 0px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1em; z-index: 2147483647; margin-right: 10px;" name="prestosavings-ifrm-01" id="prestosavings-ifrm-01" src="https://savecdn.com/addon/coupontool2/iframe.php"></iframe>

That scared me at first because I thought maybe my site was hacked or something but I checked other sites and found the same thing. If I use another browser, or view source, it is not there. So I guess it has to do with the inspector? Just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

EDIT:
Turns out it was personas interactive that was doing it.

#2 Forty-Two

Forty-Two

Casio Overlord

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-CG10 Prizm
    Casio fx-9860GII
    TI-84+ SE

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

Hi, I was just using Firefox's built-in inspect element tool and at the bottom of every page it shows this:

<iframe style="width: 330px; height: 0px; border: 0px none; position: fixed; bottom: 0px; right: 0px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1em; z-index: 2147483647; margin-right: 10px;" name="prestosavings-ifrm-01" id="prestosavings-ifrm-01" src="https://savecdn.com/addon/coupontool2/iframe.php"></iframe>

That scared me at first because I thought maybe my site was hacked or something but I checked other sites and found the same thing. If I use another browser, or view source, it is not there. So I guess it has to do with the inspector? Just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

EDIT:
Turns out it was personas interactive that was doing it.

I suggest using firebug. It is invaluble for editing web pages, doing css, and removing pesky ads.

#3 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • 1891 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

Well the built-in inspector's fault, it was personas interactive. But I'll try using firebug. I've heard of it but have never actually used it.

#4 MicroPro

MicroPro

Casio Overlord

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio ClassPad 300

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

Actually Firefox's FireBug, Chrome's dev tools and Opera Dragonfly are essentially the same thing. They are based around the same idea and look very similar to each other. I never use fx's bulit-in element inspector in favor of Firebug.

#5 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • 1891 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

The only one I like is opera dragonfly... it seems easier to use than any of the others I have seen...

#6 guy

guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:50 AM

Sorry for bringing this topic up from the dead..

PrestoSavings is a browser addon. It's supposed to show coupons and price comparisons while shopping online.. They have also integrated into other browser addons like themes or other coupon type addons. It doesn't do anything malicious. You should be able to easily uninstall the prestosavings addon from the browser extensions page. If you use IE check your Add & remove programs.. If it's not there, it may be in another addon you have installed.

#7 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • 1891 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:58 AM

Yeah, I ended up uninstalling that. Also, I wasn't concerned about anything malicious, I just don't like ads. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users