Photo
- - - - -

How To Install Physium On Fx-Cp400 (Classpad Ii) ?

Best Answer TeamFX , 14 September 2014 - 05:51 PM

The root folder is the folder that opens when you connect your ClassPad with the PC. It contains the subfolders AutoImport and Picture.

Just copy the Physium.c2a file into the root folder (root directory) and not into any subfolders (subdirectories).

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jeep

jeep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio FX-7000G, Casio Algebra FX 2.0, Casio FX-9860G-Slim, Casio FX-CP400, TI-Voyage 200, TI-84 C Silver, TI-89 Titanium, TI-92 , TI-Nspire CX CAS, HP-50G, HP Prime, HP 10C, 11C, 15C, 20S, 21S, 22S, 27S, 28S, 32S-II, 42S.

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:56 PM

At the risk of sounding stupid, would somebody please give me a step-by-step on installing Physium on my FX-CP400?

The OS update to v. 2.00.0000.0000 went well, but I can't get Physium installed to display an icon on the menu screen or to open it in any way.

I'm running Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit.  Got Windows to recognize the CP II.  Wasn't really sure what the directions meant by 'copy the file into the root folder'; but it didn't seem to matter -
because I copied it into the folder containing [AutoImport and Picture] (which I assumed to be the root folder); and when that didn't work, I deleted it from that folder and then downloaded it directly into the [AutoImport] file.

After putting the Physium file into each of those files/folders (separately - per attempt), I "safely" exited the operation.

From what I understand, Physium should have at that point been installed on my CP II, with an icon on the second page of the menu, but the only place I could find it was in the \ (Root Directory).

(and the only reason I knew it was in the \ (Root Directory) was because when I safely exited the operation, the CP II said that the file was transferred to "SAVE-F") 

- BUT when I try to open that file I get: ERROR! Not Found.

So, those are the things I've done and where I've wound up.

So can someone please  help me get it installed?

... And by the way - why the HELL does it have to be this damn hard to install an add-in???

You almost need to be a 1337 h4x0r to install a damn add-in to this thing!

Thanks.

Edit: Attempted to fix spelling in title line, (which I had right in the first place) but it keeps reverting to Classpad Ii.

Edited by jeep, 14 September 2014 - 01:10 AM.

#2 TeamFX

TeamFX

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:51 PM   Best Answer

The root folder is the folder that opens when you connect your ClassPad with the PC. It contains the subfolders AutoImport and Picture.

Just copy the Physium.c2a file into the root folder (root directory) and not into any subfolders (subdirectories).

• PsySc0rpi0n likes this

#3 jeep

jeep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio FX-7000G, Casio Algebra FX 2.0, Casio FX-9860G-Slim, Casio FX-CP400, TI-Voyage 200, TI-84 C Silver, TI-89 Titanium, TI-92 , TI-Nspire CX CAS, HP-50G, HP Prime, HP 10C, 11C, 15C, 20S, 21S, 22S, 27S, 28S, 32S-II, 42S.

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:08 PM

Well Hot Damn, it worked!

I think my mistake was copying the whole zipped file into the root folder (and also into the AutoImport subfolder later), rather than the (unzipped?) .c2a file.

Thanks very much TeamFX!

#4 ferrari90862

ferrari90862

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Calculators:
    classpad II CP 400

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:06 PM

hello someone could give me a hand with, update a classpad CP400 to version 2.00.2000, I follow the instructions _OSver series update.exe and I get a window that tells me error on upgrade

#5 TeamFX

TeamFX

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:20 PM

- Connect the fx-CP400 to the PC using the USB cable
- When the "Select Connection Mode" window appears, press "Cancel"
- Go to the "Communication" menu and select "Link/OS Update/OK"
- Start the update program downloaded from edu.casio.com on the PC

Edited by TeamFX, 27 January 2015 - 01:22 PM.

#6 ferrari90862

ferrari90862

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Calculators:
    classpad II CP 400

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:06 PM

hago todo lo que me dijistes y todo lo que vi en los foros, pero igual me salta una ventana de error de acualizacion, lo peor de todo esque a mis amigos con la misma calculadora le pasa lo mismo

I do everything you said me and everything I saw on the forums, but just jumps me a error window acualizacion, worst of all esque my friends with the same calculator feels the same

#7 casioking

casioking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio Classpad 400 II

Posted 23 January 2023 - 05:18 AM

can you please tell me where i can download the physium

#8 Etch4

Etch4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-991EX
    fx-CG50
    fx-CP400II
    fx-82a

Posted 26 March 2024 - 07:32 PM

can you please tell me where i can download the physium

https://edu.casio.com/

Choose country, North america USA

Handheld update at the top

Choose CAS Graphing models

Accept

OS update the first Row

click on the blue arrow down to unfold, you should see Physium

Edited by Etch4, 26 March 2024 - 07:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users