UCF BASIC Programming Champion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

• Calculators:
    FX 1.0, CFX 9850 GB Plus and FX 9750G

Posted 06 December 2003 - 08:59 PM

:P Hi guys.....

Here is some info about the Gang Fight 2

- The game ONLY runs on the FX 1.0, AFX 2.0, G100 or other compatible model.

- The game has 8 files ( G-FIG.IN1, G-FIG.IN2, G-FIG.IN3, G-FIG.IN4, G-FIG.IN5 ,G-FIG.JOG, G-FIG.PLA and G-FIGHT2 ).

- To ?install? the game you need 55625 bytes free, but to run the game you need more 41369 bytes free ( in another words you need 96994 bytes free to play the game ).

- The Gang Fight 2 ( for what I know ), is the biggest game ever made in CASIO BASIC, and they require the new features of the FX 1.0 and AFX 2.0, the CFX version will be very slow and very much limited, ( for example the FX 1.0 and AFX 2.0 can store 20 pictures, the CFX can only store 6 ).

I never test it in the CFX models with 64Kb, the game probably will run until the calculator don?t have more free memory to load the game but I thing that some menus will be launched, anyway if anyone want to try go ahead?..

- The GF2 package includes 2 G-FIGHT.CAT files, one for normal installation, and other for fast installation.

What is this about fast and normal installation?

Well if you install the game ( in normal installation, by selecting the link program, pressing F2 and send the file whit the FA-123 ), you will have to wait 8/9 minutes to complete the ?installation?.

But you can ?install? the game in only 1,45 minutes, in the link program press F4+F5+F6, then set your FA-123 for the FX/CFX mode, then send the file to your FX 1.0 or AFX 2.0.

ATTENTION ? sometimes during the fast installation some ?errors? can occur ( like errors during the game, some files can be not completely ?installed? ), if it happen you have to ?install? the game in ?normal mode?.

- The game not require pre-installed pictures in the pictures memory, the game will draw all the necessary pictures, this means that if you need more free memory for anything, you can just delete the pictures memory, then to load it again, just run the G-FIGHT2 file.

- The game files have password protection for the users, can?t damage it accidentally.

- The game files use one already used technique in the Periodic Table programs that don?t let one file run, whiteout the main file be executed, in another words the game will only run if you execute the G-FIGHT2 file, if you try to launch the game from any other Gang Fight 2 game files you will receive this message:

?Please run G-FIGHT2?.

- To draw the graphics, or better to create the BASIC files that will draw the graphics I use one Windows application and some techniques, that program give us all the X and Y values ( to use whit the PlotON. PlotOff, and F-Line commands ), of one 127x63 BMP monochromatic picture ( don?t forget that the BASIC graphics games and programs only have the ?max resolution? of 127x63 pixels ), it?s very easy to do it, if you guys use this program I don?t have any doubt that from now we will see only good and excellent graphics in BASIC games and programs ( I already use that technique whit the Periodic Table program ).

- In some E-mails there is questions about the Gang Fight ( the first version ), well I never finished it because when I was making then I was advised about the UCF contest, so I decide to make a better version for the contest, so I start the Gang Fight 2 whiteout finished de the Gang Fight.

PS - The Gang Fight has more fight moves but you can?t choose any enemy, you fight against the same enemy.

If you have any opinion or idea, and of course comments about the Gang Fight 2 please put it here?.

Before I finish I want to say tanks for the following guys ( and to one girl ), that have helped-me directly or indirectly whit their ideas and comments in the Gang Fight 2,??? probably the best BASIC game ever made for the CASIO calculators??.

( Portugal ) Richardson ? For they help whit the selection of the final graphics to use in the Gang Fight 2.

( Portugal ) Magaly ? For the translation and adaptation of the Gang Fight 2 manuals in the following languages: English, French and Spanish.

( Brazil ) Thalerson ? For they comments..?.

( France ) Casiomax - For their tests and comments.

( USA ) Crimson Casio ? For insist whit me to continue whit the development of the Gang Fight 2, most of the new features included in the final version was done because of that, thanks a lot?.

( Egypt ) Mohamed ? For his help in the beginning, this game is the result of that thanks a lot ?.

And to the final user of the game for your chose, I?m sure that you will have great moments of entertainment whit this game?..

Once again thanks to all?. :)

#2 Bob Vila

Bob Vila

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

• Calculators:
    FX 1.0+ : CFX-9850 GB Plus : TI-81

Posted 06 December 2003 - 10:41 PM

wow, makes me feel like i need an AFX <_<

#3 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 07 December 2003 - 02:02 AM

you do need one... and a ClassPad :D

#4 Bob Vila

Bob Vila

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

• Calculators:
    FX 1.0+ : CFX-9850 GB Plus : TI-81

Posted 07 December 2003 - 04:02 AM

lol, i know :rolleyes:

#5 genesis

genesis

UCF BASIC Programming Runner Up

• PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:Speaking German, computers, defending CFX calculators...

• Calculators:
    CFX 9850 GB+

Posted 07 December 2003 - 09:44 AM

Yes, the notorious 20 pictures vs. 6! The worst thing about CFX pictures is colour layering... I mean, who really cares that there's an orange pixel behind the green pixel behind the blue pixel in the top left of the screen... if there wasn't colour layering, each picture would only be 2048 bytes and you could store 12. Speaking of storing 12 pictures, can the CFX 9950 do this?

The most combinations you can possibly get with 6 pictures is 9 (3x3) and the most combinations you can get with 20 pictures is over 1000...

#6 Andy.Davies

Andy.Davies

Forum Ghost

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1547 posts
  • Interests:Age: 18
    Studying: MEng in cybernetics at Reading uni
    Interests: Progaming (VB, VB.Net, C#, Casio Basic)
    Computers UBBD (Using, Building, Breaking &amp; Destroying)
    Gaming (FPS, RTS, RPG)
    Electronics
    Rock Music (Preferably Loud)
    Riley's (Pool &amp; Snooker Bar)
    Driving (Preferably fast)
    Aikedo (Martial Art)

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX 2.0 ROM 1.01, FX9750G

Posted 07 December 2003 - 09:55 AM

i have an FX9750G the version of the CFX9850G, but without colour, i can only store 6 picture of that. on the plus side i have an AFX :P

#7 BiTwhise

BiTwhise

Casio Overgod

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Programming, games, consoles, martial arts

• Calculators:
    FX9700WE, CFX9970G, AFX2.0, Classpad 300

Posted 07 December 2003 - 03:49 PM

The picture storage of the AFX still sort of bugs me.. it actually stores two frame buffers :/

One frame buffer should be 1024bytes, whereas 1 pictures stored takes up 2048bytes + zone overhead... anyone know WHY??

#8 Andy.Davies

Andy.Davies

Forum Ghost

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1547 posts
  • Interests:Age: 18
    Studying: MEng in cybernetics at Reading uni
    Interests: Progaming (VB, VB.Net, C#, Casio Basic)
    Computers UBBD (Using, Building, Breaking &amp; Destroying)
    Gaming (FPS, RTS, RPG)
    Electronics
    Rock Music (Preferably Loud)
    Riley's (Pool &amp; Snooker Bar)
    Driving (Preferably fast)
    Aikedo (Martial Art)

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX 2.0 ROM 1.01, FX9750G

Posted 07 December 2003 - 06:54 PM

not a clue, but that is the first thing i noticed when i got my AFX

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users