Useful Hints

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 genesis

genesis

UCF BASIC Programming Runner Up

• PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:Speaking German, computers, defending CFX calculators...

• Calculators:
    CFX 9850 GB+

Posted 07 March 2004 - 05:08 PM

With many new members and others coming and going here are the useful hints we have discovered for CFX calculators since the opening of the forum. Thanks for the discoverers!

Norm1 shows numbers less that 0.01 in standard form, while Norm2 shows numbers less than 0.000000001 in standard form.

E has the same function as 10^ but use E is it's a lot faster.

Press Shift and left or right to adjust the contrast in any menu.

Move the cursor over List 1 in Stat or List mode and type List Ans to display it in List 1 and delete if desired.

Get to a matrix faster by typing in the letter or Ans.

Simul Graph draws all the graphs simultaneously, which may save time but graphing them seperately avoids confusion.

Enter a value for X in Table or Recur mode to get Y.

Many drawing functions are available in Graph mode after selecting Sketch.

Useful programs in the library are CMN for finding the lowest common factor of two numvers, FACT for finding factors (and obviously a prime test, cancelling the need for PRIME) and TRI for a very basic triangle solver. Tell me what you think of their codes.

Lastly, I am still looking for a way to test if a number occurs in a table or recursion (the reverse of whats above) other than Y-CAL in Graph mode.

I have just realized this would make a great contribution to the Casio Knowledge Base or CasioCorner, sorry if your supposed to post there.

Please tell me if I have missed anything (and why do the EA-100 programs result in Com Error and MANDLBRT doesn't work?). I have updated my site before people get restless. :hammer:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users