• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel (CZE)

Daniel (CZE)

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Support for Pocket Viewer and ClassPad for Czech Republic.

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300, TI-92 Plus, FX-6300G, CFX-9850GB Plus

Posted 28 June 2004 - 09:21 PM

Hi everybody,

today I've got e-mail question about "File limit reached" error. Do you know exact number of files which you can store in CP?

The user wrote me he stored about 280 files of eActivity in CP memory before he got the error.

#2 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300 , AFX 2.0, HP-48/49/50, TI-89/92/Voyager, HP Expander, etc...

Posted 28 June 2004 - 11:29 PM

280 sounds like a lot... am I right?

There is a number limit somewhere, although I don't know exactly what. I think the SIZE limit is more of an issue than the numberr limit.

eActivities are stored in FLASH, not in RAM. Add-in applications are also stored in FLASH. Your MCS (memory control system) that contains all your variables are stored in RAM, but they get backed up in FLASH when you turn your ClassPad off. As you can see, FLASH can fill up pretty quickly.

To see how much FLASH memory you have left, go to the System application and select either the Add-In or eActivity tab (notice how they both show the same amount of free memory).

#3 Daniel (CZE)

Daniel (CZE)

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Support for Pocket Viewer and ClassPad for Czech Republic.

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300, TI-92 Plus, FX-6300G, CFX-9850GB Plus

Posted 29 June 2004 - 12:29 PM

I know that. The guy has over 2800 kB of FLASH free...

I didn't try to upload so many eActivities to my CP. I don't think it is due to full memory.

#4 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300 , AFX 2.0, HP-48/49/50, TI-89/92/Voyager, HP Expander, etc...

Posted 30 June 2004 - 11:36 PM

Ok, it turns out there is a file count limit. It is hard to tell what the exact limit of eActivity files is because the FLASH file system is shared with a bunch of other things. It looks like, in theory, there can be no more than 300 or so items. Subtract any extra overhead and other system files, including any add-ins, and 280 sounds about right.

On the Manager it limits the number of eActivitys to around 180 :(. Who knows, Casio is always making improvements with each version they release. The limit can always change :) .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users