• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300
    CFX-9850G

Posted 23 May 2005 - 12:54 AM

Hello again,

What exactly does the ClassPad do when accepting Define fun(x)=... in main?

What exactly does the ClassPad do when saving a function?

I input
Define gamma(x)=lim(((n!*n^(x-1))/(PI(x+y,y,0,n-1))),n,oo)
In main I waited a minute or so and pressed clear/break.
I input right side of the above define in Program app and clicked save, ClassPad hanged - no "busy", no reaction, on/off does not work, nor does Clear and <-.
It returned to normal after umpteen minutes.

Any guesses as to what causes the hang? Solutions? Workarounds?
What is the preferred (safe, nice, you call it) way to get hanged ClassPad to work?
Batteries? Reset? Anything else?

Best regards,
Lianna
P.S. I was forced to drop most of the activities, ClassPad included, for a quite long time.
Nice to be here at last.

#2 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:23 PM

to get a frozen classpad back to normal you can hit the P buton on the back (with the stylus), beware though that this reboots it and you will probably lose information.

also, have you upgraded to OS2.0 yet? i copy/pasted Define gamma(x)=lim(((n!*n^(x-1))/(PI(x+y,y,0,n-1))),n,oo) into the CP manager and it worked fine (though i assume you ment the pi symble and infinity).

#3 Lianna

Lianna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300
    CFX-9850G

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:21 PM

> to get a frozen classpad back to normal you can hit the P buton on the back
> (with the stylus), beware though that this reboots it and you will probably lose
> information.
Yeah, I thought so, that's why I asked whether there is any GENTLE way of restoring responsiveness :)

> also, have you upgraded to OS2.0 yet? i copy/pasted
> Define gamma(x)=lim(((n!*n^(x-1))/(PI(x+y,y,0,n-1))),n,oo)
> into the CP manager and it worked fine (though i assume you ment the pi
> symble and infinity).
Yessir, OS 2.0 here. I didn't check whether it is fine or not after waiting for 10 minutes to save it. <_<

BTW, in OS2(Warp?).0's Verify is really nice. I have not tested the speed of matrices yet, but lists seem to be a little bit faster and more stable.
I'm still waiting for non-10-base calculations and conversions (and probably Laplace, because that's one thing that can't be substituted or added(-in)), but I'm not holding my breath :huh:
Best regards
Lianna

#4 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:

Posted 23 May 2005 - 11:41 PM

i think a lot of internal bugs were fixed in 2.0, mabey some we never even came close to finding... still, not everything was fixed (including mats and lists)

i'll try it on my actuall CP as soon as i find some batteries >_<

#5 Guest_Filip_*

Guest_Filip_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2005 - 12:58 PM

Hello everybody! This is my first post here! :nod: Crimson knows me very well, but I would be very glad to introduce to you, dear Lianna! By the way, where are you from? I was going to ask you several months ago, but you vanished for long...
By the way, Crimson, what happens with you? You lost your USB cable for the ClassPad, now I hear that its batteries are empty... You are not a very proud user!
Dear Lianna, the ClassPad behaves completely OK! You see, the Program Editor is compiled in very simple code, so it does not support even drag&drop, undo&redo...
The problem is that the busy icon does not work in the Program Editor. The ClassPad has to work for several minutes (as in Main module), but it looks like it hangs for some minute. You shall see exactly what I mean after a week or two, when you will download a BASIC program from me which is 35K large and you must wait for several minutes to re-compile it, save it, or even go to the breaking point. So, this is a normal behavour for the ClassPad. I know that it does not respond even to [Clear]/ESC, which would terminate almost any ongoing action.
The ClassPad Manager saves the files at a lightning speed and even can show a blinking cursor in a meanwhile, so that is why you did not notice the problem there.
Do not worry, since either your ClassPad will finish the ongoing operation (like it did in Program Editor), or it will display [Insufficient Memory]. Do not worry, this message can be displayed for two or three times at the most. See you soon! Bye!

#6 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:48 PM

i didnt loose my cable (recently at least, only time i did i found it again). and as for batteries... lots of use tends to drain them ;)

#7 Guest_Guest_mkanter_*_*

Guest_Guest_mkanter_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2005 - 11:16 AM

The problem with the program editor is that it does not really compile the program (makes executable code). It only "renames" the internal functions with 2 byte numbers. Some of these numbers can be found on my page (www.mkanter.de.vu) in the program section. the arguments of the function stay in clear text

if it has do look for an break point it has to walk from the beginning to this point, because it does not really know the address of the command. That's one reason because it's very slow.

#8 omegavirus

omegavirus

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:26 PM

Hi, I have a question for Guest_mkanter_*, why I download the basic programs or add-ins from your page and when I want to open them I can`t because they are in file.z? Do i need some thing like winzip? i have winrar..........

#9 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • 3579 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 27 May 2005 - 05:03 PM

just manually open the file with winrar, it seems to be able to open most types of files.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users