1 reply to this topic

#1 custom

custom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 06:17 AM

sorry for asking such newbie questions.
how can i delete add-ins in afx 2.0 plus, as well as delete the icon from the main menu? i need to do this because i uploaded a program to the afx, but clicking the icon in the main menu does nothing, so it has become an eyesore.
secondly, after creating a .exe using turbo c and creating a bitmap file(30x19), how can i upload it so that the icon appears on the main menu?

#2 Marco

Marco

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio CFX 9850G (broken),
    Casio CFX 9850GB,
    Casio Algebra FX 2.0 Plus

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:20 AM

Anyway, I would suggest that you don't manage your Add Ins via main menu but use a file explorer for it, and use FlashCom for transmitting. That's much more comfortable in some points as you don't need to update the "system disk" each time (that's the place where icons and shortcuts are stored). Transmission will be faster then and it's easier to delete Add Ins.

Note that FlashCom even is faster when you create main menu icons with it as Add In installer dwonloads a backup of the flash before uploading a new package which FlashCom doesn't. Even no problem to put multiple programs into one disk with FlashCom (while Add In Installer allows one per disk only).

For deleting Add Ins: impossible to delete single ones, you can format a whole disk only (if there are multiple programs on it, all get removed). You can do this either with FlashCom (sending empty disks to a drive will format it) or on-calc using GComm. Note that existing main menu icons will stay there as formatting a disk doesn't modify the system disk automatically, so these icons are still there but don't work. Removing them is a bit more complicated, that's why I suggest a file explorer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users