• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1957 posts
  • Interests:Assembler(!!!)
    Computers and Programming
    Operating Systems
    Programmable Calculators
    Maths and everything arround it

• Calculators:
    FX-82SX / AFX 2.0+ (ROM 1.03) / FX 1.0+ (ROM 1.03)

Posted 06 January 2006 - 12:27 PM

ok. So I have to look on. Anyways, I think that this wrong int was the worst.
If nothing else helps then I'll make the program reboot the calc on exit. This will cause no harm and is a fast (temporary) solution. Though it doesn't help solve the problem at all that HAS to be solved.

OK. I think I got it this time.

The previous change didn't change anything at all. Though it was important the program terminated way before.

The error is in the DebugApplication command.
This command terminates to DOS without restoring interrupts.

Since the command is not actually needed you are best of if you just comment out the line in os.asm (Line after Run Headder_Target and before WaitForAnyKey). But leave the waitForAnyKey command to see the last output of the MLC program.

I'll fix the debugger in the next release. As an alternative you can also comment out the INT 21h line in /inc/debugger.inc (second last line). This will keep you the debugger and continue with the interrupt restore commands. You only need to do either of them. Both won't be any good.

If it still doesn't work, what I highly doubt, then please report back again!

#42 Deimos

Deimos

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:3d modelling, paper models, BASIC programming-AFX (just beginning)

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0+

Posted 06 January 2006 - 04:48 PM

Commenting out the "DebugApplication" line helps, but creates a new problem. After mlc program finishes execution, a message appears:
"system halted
[press EXE to exit]"
Now after pressing any key (not only exe), the menu appears, and currently highlited application is executed (in my case the file explorer i used to run the mlc). I can exit it and then everything works fine, but it is a bit annoying ;)
I will try the other method in a minute.

EDIT:

The other way (commenting the "INT21 h" line in debugger.inc) is worse - the calc stops responding while the "debuger invoked" screen appears.

#43 huhn_m

huhn_m

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1957 posts
    Operating Systems
    Programmable Calculators

• Calculators:

Posted 06 January 2006 - 09:56 PM

Hm ... the method with incommenting INT 21h seems to not work because there are problems with parts of the services already shut down when expected to be up. I'll fix this.

As for the menu item beeing executed- This is bad but not really a problem. I only have to introduce a small delay after the last EXE press since else the program terminates while you still have the key pressed and once the old interrupt is restored it will catch this exe key. Press the LEFT Key instead of <span class=EXE' /> (it is not checked what key you press) and you'll see a similar effect.

You can also avoid it by inserting "delay 100" after the last WaitForAnyKey line

#44 Deimos

Deimos

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:3d modelling, paper models, BASIC programming-AFX (just beginning)

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0+

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:39 PM

No, the effect of exitiong with left, <span class=F1' />, <span class=Shift' />, or any other key is exactly the same as exiting with exe - the highlighted program is run anyway.

#45 huhn_m

huhn_m

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • 1957 posts
    Operating Systems
    Programmable Calculators

• Calculators:

Posted 07 January 2006 - 02:05 PM

ok. Thanks a lot. Then I need to reset the keyboard buffer after exit.

I already have finished the RECT, PIXL and LINE commands.

PIXT does work in theory but still needs a change to the interpreter to work.

Modulus will be added today. Then I'm going to add function parameters (also today) and tomorrow I will add FOR loops. I think that I will already release the Beta3 next week if nothing interfers with the release. I also hope to have the bug fixed then. (And I hope react OS does install in the not-first partition soon so that I can install it on my Main Box)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users