Pawel_pl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:computers, mobile phones

• Calculators:
    Casio ClassPad 300; Casiofx-991ES; Casio fx-82ES; Casio HS-8ER

Posted 22 April 2006 - 01:18 PM

I would like to do something like EE PRO for Classpad on my holidays (June, July, August and maybe September). I will need to learn C++ or CPLua. Maybe I will have to use BASIC. Never mind!
I looked on EE PRO documentation, and I think that the algorithm of it is not so difficult.
Maybe somebody would like to help me with this project.
At last Classpad will be better than Ti 89 Titanium (for example).

PS. We will have to do CAS better, but in another time :P :P :P .

I am waiting for replies.

:D :D :D

If somebody don't understand me, please tell me. :roflol: :roflol:

#2 Kilburn

Kilburn

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:Blah

• Calculators:
    FX-7500 G
    ClassPad 300

Posted 22 April 2006 - 08:52 PM

First, please don't say "Extraordinary Idea", this is just an idea. (I see that modesty is not you main virtue... <_< )

I would like to do something like EE PRO for Classpad on my holidays (June, July, August and maybe September).

Why not... EEPro is an electricity engineering application, isn't it?

I will need to learn C++ or CPLua. Maybe I will have to use BASIC. Never mind!

You should use only C++... BASIC is too rotten, and CPLua, still in development.

I looked on EE PRO documentation, and I think that the algorithm of it is not so difficult.
Maybe somebody would like to help me with this project.

If you need an interface, I'm here! ;)

At last Classpad will be better than Ti 89 Titanium (for example).

ClassPad is already better than TI-89 Titanium! :D

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2006 - 10:48 PM

EE*pro
HP48GX/HP49G/GP
http://www.gaak.org/hp/eepro
http://groups.google...2746c8f6335aabc

EE*pro TIcalcs
http://education.ti....ro_92_v200.html

#4 Pawel_pl

Pawel_pl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 23 April 2006 - 10:27 AM

You should use only C++... BASIC is too rotten, and CPLua, still in development.

So, it would be hard work, but I suppose, that something like EE*PRO will be very useful on my technical studies and of course it'll be useful for other users.
And I think, that doing something like this will be very pleasant and training.
hmmm
I must past high schools finals in May and then I will start do something with EE*PRO. So I am waiting for more replies.

If you need an interface, I'm here!

OK. Thanks!

#5 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300 , AFX 2.0, HP-48/49/50, TI-89/92/Voyager, HP Expander, etc...

Posted 23 April 2006 - 03:55 PM

Great idea! But it will take a lot of time to complete a full EE*Pro product.

I actually designed and wrote the original EE*Pro for the HP48 when I worked for a company named Sparcom (which later became Da Vinci Technologies). After I left it took 2-3 programmers many months for the company to port it to the TI. You might have noticed a version for the HP49 by Gaak. He didn't write this. He pirated the version I wrote for the HP48. He disassembled the HP48 version and recompile it for the HP49. He has since removed this download from the web.

There are three main parts to EE*Pro.
  • Reference Data
  • Solvable Sets of Equations
  • Analysis Programs
You would first need some type of interface to navigate the many sections and sub-sections. It would also be nice to be able to search through them all.

You would then need an interface for viewing all of the reference data. It should support multiple views or filters of the same data. Then of course you would have to enter in all the data.

Next you'd need a multiple equation solver. This solver would need to take a set of equations and solve for as many unknown values as possible. You would have to enter in all of the equations sets (hundreds of them), including a descriptive list of the variables, units for each variable, and a diagram. You would also need an "equation set checker" that verified the equation set data is valid. You would have to design a system that could manage and convert units for each variable. You would also need an interactive grapher that could graph any variable vs. any other variable, regardless of where each variable appears in an equation.

Finally, you would need a standard interface for the individual Analysis applications (and there are a bunch of them). Once you have the standard interface you would have to design and program dozens of mini-applications.

One thing I'd like to do one of these days (when I have free time ;) ) is to create a multiple equation solver interface for the ClassPad. Then, users could create their own sets of equations on the ClassPad. Past that, I think if there were a flexible and programmable UI similar to EE*Pro that let users easily add data or mini-applications, users would create volumes of information ranging from Physics and Chemistry to Electrical and Mechanical Engineering.

#6 Pawel_pl

Pawel_pl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:47 PM

:banghead:

BTW:

One thing I'd like to do one of these days (when I have free time ) is to create a multiple equation solver interface for the ClassPad. Then, users could create their own sets of equations on the ClassPad. Past that, I think if there were a flexible and programmable UI similar to EE*Pro that let users easily add data or mini-applications, users would create volumes of information ranging from Physics and Chemistry to Electrical and Mechanical Engineering.

:D very nice :D You are great programmer. :D
:banghead: What I am doing here??? :banghead:
:roflol: OK. Maybe I could do it.

PS.
Is somebody working on something like EE*PRO for the ClassPad??
TWO HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2006 - 12:09 AM

>You might have noticed a version for the HP49 by Gaak. He didn't write this. He pirated the version I wrote >for the HP48. He disassembled the HP48 version and recompile it for the HP49. He has since removed this >download from the web.

False. It is not possible easily to be recompilar files of hp48 to hp49g/gp, the work of Gaak went to adapt the code to hp49g, like also make part of new code.

Falso. No se puede recompilar f?cilmente archivos de la hp48 a hp49g/gp, el trabajo de Gaak fue adaptar el c?digo a la hp49g, como tambi?n crear parte de nuevo c?digo.

http://www.hpcalc.or....php?query=GaaK
http://www.gaak.org

#8 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 24 April 2006 - 01:12 AM

>You might have noticed a version for the HP49 by Gaak. He didn't write this. He pirated the version I wrote >for the HP48. He disassembled the HP48 version and recompile it for the HP49. He has since removed this >download from the web.

False. It is not possible easily to be recompilar files of hp48 to hp49g/gp, the work of Gaak went to adapt the code to hp49g, like also make part of new code.

Falso. No se puede recompilar f?cilmente archivos de la hp48 a hp49g/gp, el trabajo de Gaak fue adaptar el c?digo a la hp49g, como tambi?n crear parte de nuevo c?digo.

I didn't say it was easy, but it is still porting someone else's code.

EE*Pro used entry points that are not supported by the HP49 so he had to reverse engineer the code and find workarounds or write replacement routines for anything that wasn't supported on the HP49.

Gaak must be a very good programmer. I'm sure it took a lot of work to reverse engineer someone else's code and patch it up to work on the HP49, but he did not write EE*Pro. He did not write any of the logic or algorithms. Above all, he never got permission (or even tried to get permission) to port the code and to release it for free to the public.

Gaak is a very nice guy and he did not have bad intentions. He just made a bad choice. When I confronted him and asked him to stop distributing copyrighted material he apologized and removed the download. I wish Gaak the very best.

#9 Pawel_pl

Pawel_pl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 24 April 2006 - 12:40 PM

You are writing a lot about EE*PRO version for HP48 and HP49. Where is the source code?? How did it happen that Gaak had source code made by SoftCalc? I don't understand anything. What's the problem?

BTW: I would like to do new code, own code. I have a lot of physicbooks. I will have to learn a lot.
Maybe if somebody is very magnanimous, she or he will share her/his source code or idea or knowledge with me.

#10 Orwell

Orwell

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio AFX 1.02 / Casio ClassPad 300

Posted 24 April 2006 - 12:48 PM

You are writing a lot about EE*PRO version for HP48 and HP49. Where is the source code??

I guess that it was never publicly released.

How did it happen that Gaak had source code made by SoftCalc? I don't understand anything.

Like SoftCalc said, he did some reverse engineering and disassembled the compiled program. He never got the original source code.

What's the problem?

This stuff is copyrighted, Gaak didn't have the right to do that ;)

#11 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 24 April 2006 - 05:16 PM

You are writing a lot about EE*PRO version for HP48 and HP49. Where is the source code?? How did it happen that Gaak had source code made by SoftCalc? I don't understand anything. What's the problem?

There are many popular tools which disassemble programs for the HP48/49 and output source code which can be changed and then recompiled.

It was written in RPL and Saturn assembly, both which are specific to HP calculators. It is not possible to compile this source for any other machine. In fact, I assume it took Gaak a lot of work just to get the code to run on the HP49.

I would like to do new code, own code. I have a lot of physicbooks. I will have to learn a lot.
Maybe if somebody is very magnanimous, she or he will share her/his source code or idea or knowledge with me.

I think this is a good idea. It would be nice to have an Open Source project that people can contribute to.

#12 Pawel_pl

Pawel_pl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:49 PM

I must think about Open Source project. It's a great idea, but it'll give me only a sense of satisfaction. I don't know that it'll be enough for me. If I don't finish my work single-handed, I'll talk with others and we'll think about it. But it's the far future.

#13 mortezahaydari

mortezahaydari

Casio Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

• Calculators:
    casio classpad-300
    casio fx-991

Posted 29 April 2006 - 09:54 AM

I must think about Open Source project. It's a great idea, but it'll give me only a sense of satisfaction. I don't know that it'll be enough for me. If I don't finish my work single-handed, I'll talk with others and we'll think about it. But it's the far future.

i am an electrical engineering student in polytechnic and if you want to ask some scientific problems i will listen... if i had time :profanity:

#14 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:33 PM

A reference to all kinds of identities in math

http://nerdyproducti.../MathTables.pdf

#15 Pawel_pl

Pawel_pl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:07 PM

OK. I passed my all exams. So I can start to learn C++. Maybe I will finish my study at the beginning of July. :nod: Than I would like to count on your help. I read eepro documentation, and I must say that I didn't understand some parts because there are written in technical English. So, it would be very hard work, but I must do it because people in Poland preffer TI89ti to Classpad (because of EE Pro), so I must change it. ( I have complexes that I bought Classpad instead of Ti89ti - I won't to have them).

#16 Giov_Roger

Giov_Roger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• Calculators:
    Classpad 300

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:44 PM

B)
I don't know much about programming (im still learning cplua and c++) , but i can help you with all the technical stuff (i mean equations,variables and theory.....), i am currently an electronic engineering student, and i have read some of the EE PRO docs and i think i can help with some of the issues of creating it for CP.

And both electrical and electronics engineering have many things in common.

i think that if we all work together we can make a pretty good program.
i'm here if you need any help :nod:

#17 GaaK

GaaK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Calculators:
    HP32S, HP48GX, HP49G, SHARP EL-9600, HP-360LX, CASIO -1

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:50 PM

False. It is not possible easily to be recompilation files of hp48 to hp49g/gp, the work of Gaak went to adapt the code to hp49g, like also make part of new code.

http://www.hpcalc.or....php?query=GaaK
http://www.gaak.org

Thanks Guest...

- GaaK -

...It was written in RPL and Saturn assembly, both which are specific to HP calculators. It is not possible to compile this source for any other machine. In fact, I assume it took Gaak a lot of work just to get the code to run on the HP49.
I think this is a good idea. It would be nice to have an Open Source project that people can contribute to.

Yes, many many many hours re-programming the EE*Pro pack for HP 49/50, Open Source is possible?, freeware?... TI's EE*Pro is free!, I could re-programming this pack and, the same problems with you, Brian Maguire?. :o

Cheers.
- GaaK -

#18 vanhoa

vanhoa

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

• Calculators:
    AFX 2.0, CP 300, CP 330, nSpire, TI 89, FX 5800

Posted 15 February 2007 - 05:27 AM

One thing I'd like to do one of these days (when I have free time ;) ) is to create a multiple equation solver interface for the ClassPad. Then, users could create their own sets of equations on the ClassPad. Past that, I think if there were a flexible and programmable UI similar to EE*Pro that let users easily add data or mini-applications, users would create volumes of information ranging from Physics and Chemistry to Electrical and Mechanical Engineering.

Like the built-in TVM isnt it?

#19 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 15 February 2007 - 08:50 PM

Yes, many many many hours re-programming the EE*Pro pack for HP 49/50, Open Source is possible?, freeware?... TI's EE*Pro is free!, I could re-programming this pack and, the same problems with you, Brian Maguire?. :o

Open source for the HP49/50 is not possible. This is commercial software not open source. Gaak has decompiled the source for the HP48 and modified it to run on the HP49/50. Yes, he has done a fair amount of work modifying the source but the base code is still copyrighted and cannot be distributed. The software is owned by Da Vinci Technologies. I worked for them a long time ago (when their name was Sparcom) and I wrote the original version of EE*Pro. I updated it for the HP49 almost 2 years ago.

EE*Pro for the HP49/50 should have been released 1-1/2 years ago but for a bunch of reasons it still isn't released. :( It is frustrating having done all the work and not seeing the software released. I spoke with the owner of Da Vinci last week about this very issue and he said it would be released this Spring. Will it happen, who knows. I then spoke with the owner of CalcPro (http://www.calcpro.com/). The owner of CalcPro use to be the sales manager for Sparcom so he has a special interest in seeing EE*Pro release. He is more than willing to do the work of releasing EE*Pro if Da Vinci can't. I feel confident that if Da Vinci doesn't or can get it done in the next month or so they would be happy to let CalcPro do it. The bottom line is EE*Pro should finally be released for the HP49/50.

As far as an EE*Pro for the ClassPad, there is no reason why something like this couldn't be developed as an open source project. If fact, I think this type of thing would be prefect as an open source project. It would be a lot of work for one person to do. Since it is made up of many smaller sections it fits well with a distributed project.

The biggest problem here is creating the initial framework.

#20 SoftCalc

SoftCalc

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• Calculators:

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:05 PM

Like the built-in TVM isnt it?

Yes, it is similar to TVM, but with more features. It has more powerful graphing, balances units, solves in what ever unit you prefer, etc... The framework is designed to allow any algorithms or set of equations, so once to have the framework it isn't difficult to add topics.

You can look at the TI-89 version to get an idea. The TI-89 version is free to users, although they still have to pay Da Vinci Technologies for each copy.

http://education.ti...._ee_pro_89.html

BTW, I don't think it would take too much work to create a simple version. A simple version would...
  • Give a list of equations.
  • From this list of equations, can for all variables and then let the user enter values for known variables.
  • Scan each equation and attempt to solve for unknown variables.
This is a simple version and will not work for all cases, but it will work for many cases and is enough to get things started. ;)

#21 Colombia

Colombia

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

• Calculators:
    algebra FX 2.0 plus
    Classpad 300

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:04 PM

What's up Pawel pl?

Look men i think that so many people are just waiting for to first version of EE_pro for CP300.

You wrote the you would started on this last year.

I would like to do something like EE PRO for Classpad on my holidays (June, July, August and maybe September)

SoftCalc also said that it isn't hard to make a simple version

BTW, I don't think it would take too much work to create a simple version.

#22 kevinator9

kevinator9

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

• Calculators:
    Classpad 300
    Classpad Manager

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:04 PM

Is this about an electronic calculator?
If it is then maybe you could use the same format as 'real' electronic calculators. Anyone seen one before?

#23 McCoy

McCoy

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:play around with figures.

• Calculators:
    CFX - 9850 GB PLUS,Classpad 330, TI-89 Titanium.

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:30 PM

[/quote]

hi killburn, no offense but i disagree. cp is not better than ti 89. ti 89 cas is great...e.g cp doesn't even know that sin(x+Pi/4) =cos(x-pi/4) but ti does.I have both cp and ti 89,so I'm speaking from experience. I understand that cp is better than ti89 in some ways though.Both calculators have limitations(which makes sense because they are just calculators anyway) but cp seems to annoy users when executing some important calculations more than ti 89 does.i can go on and on listing hundreds of comparisons but it's pointless.classpad is great for high school maths while ti89 excels in higher maths and in engineering.

#24 Guest_hellas1_*

Guest_hellas1_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:17 AM

Hi all,

I recently looked at the TI website and Nspire & Nspire CAS is offering some things that the Classpad has.

However, IMO the Classpad 330 w/OS 3.03 is still presently better.

After all the discussion w/Casio, I hope we see "nice" stuff with OS 3.04.

Please post any news you folks hear, O.K.->
Thanks,
hellas1

#25 weirleader

weirleader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 330
    fx-CG10 Prizm
    fx-9860GII
    fx-9750GII

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:25 PM

cp doesn't even know that sin(x+Pi/4) =cos(x-pi/4) but ti does.

which version are you referring to??? I just tried it on CP 3.03 and it seems to 'know' just fine.

#26 Guest_Guest_mccoy_*_*

Guest_Guest_mccoy_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:02 PM

which version are you referring to??? I just tried it on CP 3.03 and it seems to 'know' just fine.

hmm okay..can you upload a screen shot please.We'll all be happy to see it.

#27 weirleader

weirleader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 330
    fx-CG10 Prizm
    fx-9860GII
    fx-9750GII

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:02 PM

hmm okay..can you upload a screen shot please.We'll all be happy to see it.

I couldn't get a screen shot with the smiley - it goes away too fast. But a friend told me about the judge() function which does a similar thing.

Is it possible you just tried it in degree mode???

(Hope the pic stays - it's been giving me trouble)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users