• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Calculators:
    CP300

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:58 PM

hi.......... :greengrin:
I know that this topic is so long but try to read!!! :blink: :blink:

I think each one have something that he/she wish if his/her CP do! :rolleyes: Such that some functions or

programs that make his/her study or work easier ;) so let's talk about these wishes in order to share

knowledge or possibly convey our voices to Casio programmers so they help us to develop these ideas :o

I don't mean that I want just written programs without any work, no; if there is a well algorithm or pseudo

code it will be sufficient "It is easier if these programs are written, huh :greengrin: " .But at

this moment it is good to take about these wishes so We can help each other in any way!

I will start with my self and wish if my CP have the following: :rolleyes:

1- A built in function that find the Z-transform ;)

2- A built in function that find the convolution integral. :unsure:

3- A built in program that help me solve my electrical problem in circuits, electronics, Electromagnetic,

control. :rant:

4- A built in function that find the curl, laplacian, gradient, divergence of a vector. :!:

5- A really CAS that can find each integral such that this one: :angry:

integral( x^(.5)/(1+x^(1/3))), note that TI-89 titanium can find this one!

"The answer is 6x^(7/6)/7-6x^(5/6)/5+2x^(.5)-6x^(1/6)+6arctan(x^(1/6)) " :banghead:

And many many other wishes, but this I remembered at this time.

At first glance one may think that the preceding programmes are somewhat advance or specific in some

field, but in fact each one should have some field that he/she needs such an advanced programmes . In

addition, you may don't have time to think in making such algorithms; hence you need some written one.

So let's work to make each wish a fact and try applying this statement :o "Let's share our knowledge" :o ;)

#2 The_AFX_Master

The_AFX_Master

Casio Overlord

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:BASIC +FORTRAN 90+ C++.....and HALF LIFE

• Calculators:
    Casio Algebra FX 2.0 Plus, Casio fx 570 ms, Classpad 300, And a crowbar

Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:53 AM

1) Don't use big fonts, it's shouting.. and my hearing is ok
2) we know that, we have 200+ posts here
3) this is a verrry old topic, started thousands of times
4) building a CAS isn't a asy task, even for experienced programmers, then.. dont take it as easy
4.1) forget any idea about a new CAS
4.2) Don't catch it? buy a laptop an install mathematica, maple or mathcad
4.3) no such money? buy a PDA (ie Dell AXIM) and find some pretty CAS
5) You still solving integrals symbolic? you live on the 1500 A.C ?
6) "Let's Share our knowledge" the entire forum is for such that task, not an unique post <_<
7) Programming isn't only algorithms, it's skill... "Hello World"is the only thing that i think work in such manner
8) Do not try to "redesign the wheel". know more about the forum, starting such topic doesn't will derive on an avalanche of new programs

regards

#3 The_AFX_Master

The_AFX_Master

Casio Overlord

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:BASIC +FORTRAN 90+ C++.....and HALF LIFE

• Calculators:
    Casio Algebra FX 2.0 Plus, Casio fx 570 ms, Classpad 300, And a crowbar

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:41 PM

1) being kind and not shouting IS A FORUM RULE!.. and you'll follow that
2) if you need to change anything, edit it, don't fill the forum with spam
3) don't try to re-engineer the wheel, be objective
4) I f you can code a CAS, better than the built in .. go ahead but:
as is seen in older topics, we will not suppor that.. because is a hard and time demanding task. If you know nothing abuout a topic, don't discuss it.
5) BTW, Matlab is not a CAS.
6) ?f you need to solve a symbolic integral on a exam of a specific topic ( ie electromagnetism).. for sure there are methods if the calc can't solve the integral.. find those methods

my point here is that you're trying to put "a forum into the forum". if you put a post to satisfy your wishes, it's unfair because the people that need to find a solution for a problem, will need to read your entire "subforum".. THE forum is to SOLVE all your doubts, but within a boundary.. you need to be kinda specific.. not just falling here as a new user and say "well, i want this, this, this or this.. and i know how to improve the calc". with what autorithy???

You cant teach us how to do things <_<

PS: please, stop with redundant topics! IS SPAM! if you get annoying, the forumers will not answer you!

#4 Kilburn

Kilburn

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:Blah

• Calculators:
    FX-7500 G
    ClassPad 300

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:19 PM

Completely off topic : (yeah, the discussion is taking a personal path, right ?)

Would a Fortran interpreter for ClassPad be useful ?

#5 PAP

PAP

Casio Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Interests:Computer Algebra, Numerical Analysis.

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 300 (plus an old Casio model, with only a few Kb ram).

Posted 09 January 2007 - 06:53 PM

Would a Fortran interpreter for ClassPad be useful ?

A F...ortran interpreter? You mean a Fortran interpreter? :blink: :blink: :blink:
Yes, it will be useful, but... you can't do that, for two reasons. First, Fortran 95 is a very rich language, including many mathematical functions and extensive matrix support (Matlab has directly copied it); I doubt there is enough memory in ClassPad for all these. Second, the power of Fortran is its compiler (the first compiler supporting parallelization). To the best of my knowledge, there is no Fortran interpreter; even if it can be done, none will do it, at least not for the PC. Nevertheless, we have CPLua; although there is no variable declaration, CPLua supports data hiding and permits somekind of Fortran-like programming (but without matrix support :().

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users