- - - - -

Help With A Fx4500p

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_oziworks_*

Guest_oziworks_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:55 AM

Hi, I'm a newcomer to this forum and am looking for assistance with the FX4500p. I have had this model for near on 10 years. Here is my problem. The calculator has a program loaded that is used to calculate bicycle spoke lengths and frame angles. The calculator I have has been damaged and I think it is on it's last legs. Is there a way to access the program to allow it to be loaded onto another model calculator. Unfortunatley the gentleman who wrote and installed the program died around 7 years back and there is no one who is familiar with the data/program he loaded. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated as this calculator is essential in the daily operation of my business.
Cheers
Glenn
glenn AT wheelsmith.com.au

#2 kucalc

kucalc

Casio Maniac

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Programming: C/C++, Fortran, LISP, COBOL 85 Standard, PHP, x86 and SH3 Assembly

Computer graphics

• Calculators:
    fx-9860G / fx-7400G Plus / Algebra FX 2.0+ / fx-9770G / CFX-9850G / CFX-9850GB+ / TI-89 / TI-nSpire

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:13 AM

Hello oziworks and welcome to the UCF! :D

Is the calculator still functioning? It still turns on and you are able to access the program?

Also, are you still able to view the code contents? If so, does the calculator have a link port to connect to another calculator or a PC?

#3 Guest_oziworks_*

Guest_oziworks_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:58 AM

The calculator is still functioning OK. I can turn it on and use the functions / programs that are installed. But the unit does not appear to have an external port to allow anything to plug in. It has a silver metal rear cover but I'm not sure if there is a port underneath that.
Cheers
Glenn

#4 Xerxes

Xerxes

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:43 AM

The FX-4500P has no link port at all. The only way is to type in the program to
another FX-4500P(A) or to modify it for another calculator. It uses a BASIC like
formula programming language.

#5 djrose

djrose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio FX-9860G Slim, Casio AQ-1500, Personal Mini, CFX-9850G, SF-7100SY PLUS, FT-7, FX 2.0 PLUS, FX-3650P, FX5000-F, FX-730P, FX-7400, FX-8100, FX-850P, FX-991ES, MG-660, MG-775, MG-777, MG-80, MG-880, MG-90, ML-90, QD-700, SL-760, FX-4500P, FX-4000P, FX-115MS, FX-991MS, FX-6300G, QA-100, FX-83MS

Hewlett Packard HP-49G+

Radio Shack PC-2

Sharp IQ-7000, IQ-8200, PC-1248, PC-1500, ZQ-700, ZQ-770P, EL-376S

Texas Instruments TI-83, TI-89

Kingson Mechanical Calculator

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:52 AM

The calculator is still functioning OK. I can turn it on and use the functions / programs that are installed. But the unit does not appear to have an external port to allow anything to plug in. It has a silver metal rear cover but I'm not sure if there is a port underneath that.
Cheers
Glenn

Hi Glenn,

I've got an FX-4500P in front of me right now!

Unfortunately, there is no way I know of to upload the program(s) to another unit; i.e., you can't plug in any cable.

It's a long time since I've actually used one for executing programs, but what I used to do was:

1) Press the 'FILE' key until the required program name was shown
2) Use the cursor keys to display each line of the program
3) Write down each line of the program

I've just done it on mine and seen that my mortgage calculator program that I wrote about 10 years ago is corrupt :cry:

People have it so easy nowadays, with cables and memory cards and stuff ;)

I'm now really starting to feel quite nostalgic.

I have an electronic copy of the manual somewhere - Just let me know if you think it might be of help and I'll dig it out for you.

David.

#6 Guest_ERIC_*

Guest_ERIC_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:15 AM

Do you know how to key in A-Z

I forget how to do it.

Please tell me

#7 Xerxes

Xerxes

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:52 AM

Use the red ALPHA key to switch into the temporary alpha mode or
SHIFT + ALPHA for the permanent alpha mode.

#8 Guest_peter donoghue_*

Guest_peter donoghue_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:40 PM

I know its a while since this was posted and i hope you have retrieved your Program..But for other users that may be woundering how to view your Programs that have been writen in your Casio Fx4500P.
Press AC FILE
then press (arrow down) to view the contents...
I wish somebody could start a database for all our Programs..
I have lost mine and had to start over...had a difficult time even remembering hot to program the Calculator..

#9 Guest_Cedfelix_*

Guest_Cedfelix_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:21 PM

I would also be interested in the program written out line by line. Our shop used this calculator quite a bit, but unfortunately someone swapped both batteries at the same time and the memory was wiped clean. Thanks for your help!

#10 Guest_Maqs_*

Guest_Maqs_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:51 AM

Check this link for the manual

http://www.silrun.de...4500/fx4500.htm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users