Bazooka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850G
    Classpad 330

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:59 PM

If your Classpad comes with OS 3.03, can you downgrade it to an older version, ie 3.02?
3.03 has bugs, which is why I am thinking of downgrading. Does 3.02 have bugs?

#2 Lovecasio

Lovecasio

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Organic chemistry.<br />Pharmacy

• Calculators:
    fx 570 MS, Casio AFX 2.0+, ClassPad 300

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:23 AM

Normally, OS Installer doesn't allow you to downgrade your ClassPad OS.
3.02 has bugs, too.
OS 3.03 has extra Distribution menu in Main & EActivities application. It also solves equations and system of equation better than 3.02
If you frequently calculate in imaginary number, or Laplace, Fourier functions, I think 3.03 has more bugs on this major.

PS: (for fun only): Find a way to put your ClassPad in DFU mode just like iPhone and it will allow downgrade :)

#3 Bazooka

Bazooka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850G
    Classpad 330

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:36 AM

OS 3.03 solves equations and system of equation better than 3.02
If you frequently calculate in imaginary number, or Laplace, Fourier functions, I think 3.03 has more bugs on this major.

Can you elaborate on equations and system of equations that 3.03 does better than 3.02?

I do some imaginary number, Fourier and Laplace so based on your explanation, 3.03 may give me some problems. I would hate if the calculator gives me the wrong answer without I realizing it.

I have not bought Classpad yet but I am worry that if I buy, I may get 3.03 instead of 3.02.

Should I wait until Casio release 3.04? Should I buy HP or Ti instead? Do they have bugs too?

#4 Lovecasio

Lovecasio

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Organic chemistry.<br />Pharmacy

• Calculators:
    fx 570 MS, Casio AFX 2.0+, ClassPad 300

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:08 PM

Hi.
In OS 3.03 you can solve the system:
x-y=pi/6
sin(x+y)=1
Wheres OS 3.02 cannot do that.
Another system that OS 3.03 can solve but OS 3.02 cannot:
log2(x+y)=4
x-y=3

and more.

OS 3.03 has fixed problems of imaginary number, however some of them still exist. About bugs on calculating Fourier or Laplace, there has been some topics about it. You can find right on this forum for more informations.
Reference: http://www.casiocalc...?showtopic=3947 ; http://www.casiocalc...?showtopic=4056

I think these bugs are going to be fixed on the next OS update. As a classpad user for 5 years, I find it a powerful and easy to use calculator, which has helped me alot on studying when I was in highschool. It is a great calculator for highschool students. From OS 3.0, Casio added more advanced functions that will help you do more complicated calculations, which means you can continue using them in University or Colleage.
Ti and HP are good, too. They provide many advanced functions out there to help you perform complex calculations. But in my opinion, their user interface is not as good as ClassPad. And yes, they have bugs. I think no software is totally free of bug.
There are something that ClassPad can do but Ti and Hp cannot; and something that Ti and Hp can do but ClassPad cannot. So it is your choice. :)

#5 Guest_hellas1_*

Guest_hellas1_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2008 - 02:30 AM

Hi,

I, about 3+ months ago, sent Casio Tech support a list of bugs and they replied.

I posted bug answers to bug questions regarding Operating System 3.03 for the Classpad on this forum under:
"What Casio told me......"

Please take a look at that. I think it'll help.

Also, At this present time the Classpad 330 is MORE powerful than the TI-Nspire CAS even though
the TI-Nspire CAS has more memory. I actually compared the two calculators.

The Nspire CAS has NO compatibility with any other programs other than itself.
Not even the TI-89 programs work with it.

Only the TI-Nspire with the replaceable faceplate (Changeable from Nspire style to TI-89 style)
has compatibility with TI-89 software.

Hope it helps!
hellas1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users