Bazooka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850G
    Classpad 330

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:52 AM

Are Classpad Manager (the software version) and Classpad Handheld Calculator functionally identical?
Are there any features in the handheld version that is not supported in the software version?
If there is a bug in the handheld version, will I see the same bug in the software version?
What is the latest version of Classpad Manager?

#2 weirleader

weirleader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

• Calculators:
    ClassPad 330
    fx-CG10 Prizm
    fx-9860GII
    fx-9750GII

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:10 PM

Are Classpad Manager (the software version) and Classpad Handheld Calculator functionally identical?
Are there any features in the handheld version that is not supported in the software version?
If there is a bug in the handheld version, will I see the same bug in the software version?
What is the latest version of Classpad Manager?

I would say they're nearly identical. Occasionally, you'll find a problem on one that doesn't exist on the other - but I'd bet most of that has to do with rounding issues. From what I understand (and I'm no expert here) there's a different level of precision in calculations between the two, with the handheld being the better; it has something to do with binary representation of numbers vs. floating point representation.

But I'd say that most of the bugs exist on both.

As for the latest version of CP Manager... I would imagine it's 3.03, same as the most recent OS for the handheld.

#3 Kilburn

Kilburn

Casio Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:Blah

• Calculators:
    FX-7500 G
    ClassPad 300

Posted 19 September 2008 - 05:27 PM

You can't run addins or install OS updates on the ClassPad Manager. Other than that, yeah, they're nearly identical to each other.

#4 Bazooka

Bazooka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850G
    Classpad 330

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:03 AM

You can't run addins or install OS updates on the ClassPad Manager. Other than that, yeah, they're nearly identical to each other.

If I buy Classpad Manager 3.03 and then Casio release 3.04, can I get 3.04 for free or do I have to buy all over again?

#5 McCoy

McCoy

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:play around with figures.

• Calculators:
    CFX - 9850 GB PLUS,Classpad 330, TI-89 Titanium.

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:00 AM

Intuitively I think you can.Or if you have to pay for the newer version, then they may fix the cpm os 3.03 for you by releasing update.The current version has serious issues...some are reported and others are not.Our 'Maths for scientists & Engineers' proffessor strongely advised us not to upgrade to version 3.03 but I personnally upgraded mine just to test the waters.So everyone is freaked out now and casio is going to solve this by releasing free update for 3.03.That's what I think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users