honis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Calculators:
    casio fx-9860Gii SD

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

hi, there!

i am having statistic on highschool this year. the school uses Texas calculatores.

i believe the casio is better for everything, but today i could not solve the problem :(

we where going to draw the strenght graph for one statistic problem. this is what he told us to type in..

Y=normalpdf(-e^99,290.8,X,25/root20)

on the texas they got the perfect graph... all casio users sat as questionmarks...

please help!!

#2 TovAre

TovAre

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-991CW
    fx-9860GII SD
    fx-9700-GE

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:44 AM

hi, there!

i am having statistic on highschool this year. the school uses Texas calculatores.

i believe the casio is better for everything, but today i could not solve the problem :(

we where going to draw the strenght graph for one statistic problem. this is what he told us to type in..

Y=normalpdf(-e^99,290.8,X,25/root20)

on the texas they got the perfect graph... all casio users sat as questionmarks...

please help!!

I'm left with a question mark as well, due to too many parameters. Is it a typo in the formula?

http://www.wolframal...ut/?i=normalpdf

A couple of TI sites says the function takes 3 parameters on the TI as well.

BTW. The normal probability distribution function name is shortened to Npd in the Casio menu.

Regards,

Edited by TovAre, 18 November 2011 - 12:50 AM.

#3 honis

honis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Calculators:
    casio fx-9860Gii SD

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:06 AM

I'm left with a question mark as well, due to too many parameters. Is it a typo in the formula?

http://www.wolframal...ut/?i=normalpdf

A couple of TI sites says the function takes 3 parameters on the TI as well.

BTW. The normal probability distribution function name is shortened to Npd in the Casio menu.

Regards,

wow, MISTAKE.. sorry, it should be normalCDF ,not pdf... anyway.. can you manage do draw that graph on your casio? if so please tell me how.. :)

#4 TovAre

TovAre

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-991CW
    fx-9860GII SD
    fx-9700-GE

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:40 PM

wow, MISTAKE.. sorry, it should be normalCDF ,not pdf... anyway.. can you manage do draw that graph on your casio? if so please tell me how.. :)

Sure, from several modes just type in the formula and draw.

To find the NormCD function:
<span class=OPTN' /> <span class=F6' />(>) <span class=F3' /> (STAT) <span class=F1' /> (DIST) <span class=F1' /> (NORM]) <span class=F2' /> (Ncd)

Try the <span class=F2' /> (zoom) <span class=F5' /> (Auto) to see it when drawing. X-axis needs to be pretty large in the thousands, and the Y-axis needs to be 1 or less.

Once you have entered the formula it will appear in the table mode as well, if you'd like to investigate the values from the functions some more.

Cheers,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users