#1 Plecto

Plecto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9750GII

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

Hi. I bought a Casio fx-9750GII a couple of years ago when I started a electronics class. I used the calculator for my math exam and that was pretty much it (used matlab for everything else). I dropped out of the study, but I've started again now. I took my calculator up from my backpack and found that it refused to cooperate. It shows "OSUpdate" on the screen and nothing more. I tried to press and hold the reset button on the back and this seems to fix the problem for a random amount of time, but then after some calculations it shows some random horizontal lines on the screen before it again gives med the OSUpdate message. The buttons on the calculator has been pushed not more than 100 times or so and it has not been exposed to any harsh treatment at all other than the low temperature when having it in my backpack when walking to school.

I bought the calculator in a city 600km from my home and I don't have the receipt so I'm not sure if I have any guarantee. Do I have to buy a new calculator or can it be fixed?

#2 Forty-Two

Forty-Two

Casio Overlord

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-CG10 Prizm
    Casio fx-9860GII
    TI-84+ SE

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

Hi. I bought a Casio fx-9750GII a couple of years ago when I started a electronics class. I used the calculator for my math exam and that was pretty much it (used matlab for everything else). I dropped out of the study, but I've started again now. I took my calculator up from my backpack and found that it refused to cooperate. It shows "OSUpdate" on the screen and nothing more. I tried to press and hold the reset button on the back and this seems to fix the problem for a random amount of time, but then after some calculations it shows some random horizontal lines on the screen before it again gives med the OSUpdate message. The buttons on the calculator has been pushed not more than 100 times or so and it has not been exposed to any harsh treatment at all other than the low temperature when having it in my backpack when walking to school.

I bought the calculator in a city 600km from my home and I don't have the receipt so I'm not sure if I have any guarantee. Do I have to buy a new calculator or can it be fixed?

Have you tried popping a battery? Do that, and if you get the error again, try pulling the backup battery as well.

#3 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1891 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Skiing, Programming, Mountain Biking.

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

Yeah, replace the batteries and see if that works. ;)

#4 Forty-Two

Forty-Two

Casio Overlord

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-CG10 Prizm
    Casio fx-9860GII
    TI-84+ SE

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

Yeah, replace the batteries and see if that works. ;)

Don't replace them, just take them out and put them back in.

#5 flyingfisch

flyingfisch

Casio Maniac

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1891 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Skiing, Programming, Mountain Biking.

• Calculators:
    fx-9860GII
    fx-CG10 PRIZM

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

Don't replace them, just take them out and put them back in.

If the calc was stored with batteries in it for that long, they may be corroded. I think it would be a good idea to replace them. ;)

#6 Forty-Two

Forty-Two

Casio Overlord

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-CG10 Prizm
    Casio fx-9860GII
    TI-84+ SE

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:23 AM

If the calc was stored with batteries in it for that long, they may be corroded. I think it would be a good idea to replace them. ;)

Full until proven empty. Anyway, that's on a different subject.

Edited by Forty-Two, 29 March 2012 - 02:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users