#1 Shareallicu

Shareallicu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-CG10

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

I'm in statistics class and can use any help using the statistics functions. I'm new to graphing calculators and statistics, so most any help would be very useful for me. thanks!

#2 saad

saad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio Prizm

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

Hi Sharellicu and welcome to casiocalc forum. stat on prizm is easy and i suggest to download the manual from here:
http://edu.casio.com...fxcg10_20_E.pdf
and go to stat chapter which is chapter 6 and you will find tutorial, how to ? .etc from there . I think this is the best source to learn to do stat on prizm with graphing also . but if you need more help just tell us what exactly you need and maybe we can help you

#3 Shareallicu

Shareallicu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-CG10

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:23 AM

Hi Sharellicu and welcome to casio cal forum. stat on prizm is easy and i suggest to download the manual from here:
http://edu.casio.com...fxcg10_20_E.pdf
and go to stat chapter which is chapter 6 and you will find tutorial, how to ? .etc from there . I think this is the best source to learn to do stat on prizm with graphing also . but if you need more help just tell us what exactly you need and maybe we can help you

Thanks, I saw that, it doesn't help much though

#4 saad

saad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio Prizm

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

ok then just tell us what u need exactly and one more thing there is a guy do tutorial on prizm that covers every subject including stat here is a videos for stat tutorial

http://www.youtube.c...;feature=relmfu

you probably going to need for ur stat course because i used these type of things when i took stat course about year ago but i didnthave prizm at that time .

#5 Forty-Two

Forty-Two

Casio Overlord

• Deputy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-CG10 Prizm
    Casio fx-9860GII
    TI-84+ SE

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

Have you seen Casio's online training course? Even though you can't get a free prizm anymore (They ran out, but you can get an emulator), they still have some great tutorials on the various functions (including the statistics functions). If I recall correctly, the statistics are in the third section.

#6 Shareallicu

Shareallicu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-CG10

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

ok then just tell us what u need exactly and one more thing there is a guy do tutorial on prizm that covers every subject including stat here is a videos for stat tutorial

http://www.youtube.c...;feature=relmfu

you probably going to need for ur stat course because i used these type of things when i took stat course about year ago but i didnthave prizm at that time .

Thanks Saad, I'm really a newb to graphing calculators and statistics but this helped. I really need something more elementary too though, like what do the symbols mean? and what is a z-score and all that lol

Have you seen Casio's online training course? Even though you can't get a free prizm anymore (They ran out, but you can get an emulator), they still have some great tutorials on the various functions (including the statistics functions). If I recall correctly, the statistics are in the third section.

Thanks forty-two! I will check it out!

#7 saad

saad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio Prizm

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

Thanks Saad, I'm really a newb to graphing calculators and statistics but this helped. I really need something more elementary too though, like what do the symbols mean? and what is a z-score and all that lol

Thanks forty-two! I will check it out!

I see what you mean. Here is a video where it shows to how to do SD with given frequencies and data

I am pretty sure you are taking these because these are elementary statistics. Although this is not prizm cal but the functions are pretty much the same thing.One side note that if you don't have a frequency for given data you can also calculate SD just by leaving frequency set to 1 as you will see it in video changing from value of 1 to list1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users