vargadam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Calculators:
    MILAN M240

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:18 PM

Hello,
I'm totally new here, and totally unexperienced in the graphing calculator scene (I haven't even held one), but I want to buy second-hand a graphing calculator. The problem is that where I live (romania) these devices are not so common, so even a second hand calcutaor is quite expensive, and also I dont have any posibility to try out any of them (i have to mail-order them).
I've been thinking of the Casio CFX-9850GB plus and the Texasinstrumets TI-83 (whitout plus).
I'm really interested in the casio but i have a single dealbreaker, what i can only test if i have the device in my hand.
The calculator which I want ot buy have to do a simple thing:

If i'm continuously calculating sonthing in "RUN" mode or "MATH" mode, if i turn off the calculator, or turns itself off, I want to be able to use the previous calculations also (with the up arrow).

I think i read the TI-83 guidebook that they device can do such a thing, but i want to know if the casio can do it also?

Looking forward the answer!
:)

#2 3298

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

• Calculators:
    fx-9750G Plus
    Algebra FX 2.0 (ROM 1.03,broken)
    HP 50G

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:31 AM

Finally a question where the answer isn't just "read the manual", thanks for that!
The 9850 series brings you to the main menu when turned off and on again, but if you then enter the RUN menu, you'll find out that the screen is emptied, but the up-arrow history is preserved (as if you pressed AC/on).
The special variable Ans, which holds the result of the last calculation that didn't contain an assignment to another variable, is preserved even across menu changes. Unfortunately the RUN history is cleared when you enter another menu, but you can call most things from the RUN menu, including drawing graphs and performing calculations with lists and matrices, though it can be a bit cumbersome at times. Feels like using only the command line in a modern operating system...

#3 vargadam

vargadam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Calculators:
    MILAN M240

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:43 PM

Thanks for the answer. I already read the manual, and it was not described clearly there (multi-replay function). so now i guess i buy the 9850. :)

#4 JosJuice

JosJuice

Casio Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio Prizm fx-CG10
    TI-84 Plus Silver Edition

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

The TI-83 cannot do up arrow history. You can recall a previous calculation using 2nd+Enter, but that will place the recalled calculation below all other calculations. That series of calcs didn't get up arrow history until the 84+-exclusive OS update 2.53MP.

#5 vargadam

vargadam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Calculators:
    MILAN M240

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:13 AM

Thanks now I definitely will go with the casio!
:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users