• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DSch

DSch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2020 - 02:56 AM

Hi, has someone the rom of the fx-87de x or has a method to extract it from the emulator dll?
I wanted to reverse engineer how the display gets driven by the processor, because there is some questionable stuff in my logic analyzer traces that i wanted to look into

In case anyone wants to solder on a arduino onto a classwiz in order to play around with it, i made some code which relies on the calc to initialize the display and then writes bitmaps to it
https://github.com/D...dr/classwiz_lcd

• Heinrich-Frederica likes this

#2 anon34

anon34

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 02:02 AM

The emulator rom is different from the real calculator rom anyway.

There are only some calculator models with ROM available.

About the display, setting the corresponding SFR will toggle the contrast/display region/mode/which pixel is on/etc.  -- see the emulator source code and there are some supports documentation on the wiki.

They're reverse-engineered, so they obviously might be incorrect.

Getting the emulator ROM is easy. Just run the emulator, pick a correct cheat table, hook Cheat Engine to the program, then save the memory region.

Except if your trial period of the official emulator has expired. Then you have to find a way.

Edited by user202729, 16 November 2020 - 02:04 AM.

#3 DSch

DSch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 09:03 AM

On the newer classwiz models (like 991cnx, most gui stuff looks the same) there is a bigger display and they put the lcd controller onto the lcd glass instead of the mcu.
So i tought about looking at the code that drives it because it looks like they just use the gpio.
Are you sure that the sfr gets used for the newer models? because i don't think that they put hardware into the mcu to drive the never displays but i can be mistaken with my toughts.

The lcd documentation in the wiki can be updated once i have reverse engineered it more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users