• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mindwaves1

mindwaves1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 02:42 AM

Ok, my original name was mindwaves, but I forgot my password and the retrieval password thing is either too complicated for me or it doesn't work, but here I am again...

If you take a look at Casio's graphing calculator offerings, the main emphasis seems to be lower high school and middle school with all of the E-activities and the Algebra Tutor modes on the Algebra FX 2.0. I want Casio to release a new calculator with much of the same goals as HP targets, which is the higher education market and the technical market. What I want is a calculator designed specically for science and engineering majors or professionals. I want the icon modes to be kept, but an improved CAS mode for the high end market. Some other stuff would include RPN, and a vastly improved CasioBasic. Any thoughts?

#2 PJay

PJay

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-991ES Plus

Posted 10 September 2003 - 05:15 AM

What about Casio ClassPad300 ? :huh:

#3 Guest_Bytefish Productions_*

Guest_Bytefish Productions_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2003 - 05:35 AM

Yea but mindwaves, the problem for casio is that the market is already filled with technical calculators... it would take far to long to develope a very new calc, that could beat a ti or hp in this market segment.

Casio has done a very clever thing there.
They develope Calculators that don't have CAS and so on, and could be used in this way very good in middle and higher schools, cause you can use it during the lesson without making it much to simple for the student.

You see i can use my calculator in the exams too, i wouldnt be allowed to use a ti or hp, cause they are far to technical, and make it to easy for me.

And just think.... The market for pupils is much larger, than the market for engineers or whatever. It's very clever from Casio, since it's much more profitable.
Remember Casio is a Company.

And would casio really have a chance against ti's or hp's in this market? :)

:hammer:
Word Dawg. :greengrin:

#4 mindwaves1

mindwaves1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 12:15 PM

I think that they can make a calculator. Think about it. Besides the ClassPad (which is not really a technical calculator), the last major release of their calculator was the Algebra FX 2.0 which was released roughly 3.5-4 years ago based off my memory. Since then, Ti has released the Voyage, 86, 89, 83+, 83+ Silver Edition, and so on. HP has somewhat discontinued their calculator line and if you think about it, the HP-49g+ is somewhat a complete rewrite of the HP-49g. What I am saying is that Casio is a bit slow in launching new product lines with regards to their graphing calculator lines.
Yes, I do believe there is a mjor market for Casio here. Sure, the market is definitely smaller than the lower eeducation makret, but there is a major market nevertheless. I know college students would love something like that.
I think Casio has a very good chance to establish a foothold in this market. I believe that their Algebra FX 2.0 line is very powerful. JUst take out the Algebra and Tutor modes, improve the CAS, and enlarge the screen from that puny 8x21 screen and you got a winner.
I also do not believe that the world is already filled with technical calculators. For th non-tech people, we have the FX 7400, CFX 9750, CFX 9850, Ti 83/86/82/85, and perhaps more. For the technical side, we have the Hp 48, 48, Ti-89, and the Voyage (which I don't consider practical because of its size so I leave it out). I think Casio should at least consider this market.

#5 CrimsonCasio

CrimsonCasio

UCF Ambassador

• [Legends]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • Interests:Claculators, Stephen King, Video Games, Calculators, Programming, Calculators, Reading, Calculators... hmm, what else... Ah! Calculators!

• Calculators:
    Algebra FX2.0, CFX 9850Ga+, Classpad 300

Posted 10 September 2003 - 12:23 PM

hey mindwaves, I can give you a new password, just tell me what yoiu want (PM me) and I'll change it (I cant tell you the old one, they are encripted).

#6 PJay

PJay

Casio Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

• Calculators:
    Casio fx-991ES Plus

Posted 12 September 2003 - 06:46 AM

Hey mindwaves1, Please see : http://casiocalc.org...ct=ST&f=2&t=665
:rolleyes:

2 user(s) are reading this topic