• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-7400 GII, FX-570 ES

Posted 20 July 2024 - 11:42 AM

Hi,

I wonder if there is any built-in character conversion function,

like character "&" would return value 38.

Though I am aware that casio character set is not ascii, however starting from SPACE till the tilde ~ should be exactly same values as in original ascii.

Maybe I overlooked the manual, but it seems there are not any functions releated to that.

Any info would be appreciated, however I wouldnt write custom conversion program because that might take too much space/storage on little fx 7400GII.

Thanks, 

- Nooblette

#2 Sheepolution

Sheepolution

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

• Calculators:
    CFX-9850GC PLUS

Posted 20 July 2024 - 11:53 AM

How do you plan to use this? You can't store strings as variables.

Check out my Tic Tac Toe code. Perhaps it gives you ideas of what to do.

#3 Just_A_Noob_Here

Just_A_Noob_Here

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

• Calculators:
    FX-7400 GII, FX-570 ES

Posted 20 July 2024 - 05:23 PM

I plan to use it to ease or convenience, so I wouldnt look up the ascii table each time I calculate or get value from character.

I do remember I have asked the string storing to variable, and one member of forums mentioned you can store but on 20 predefined String variables.

its on VARS button and its called STR, you just press the str and then type the index (str N) and it works like variable with the arrow assigning 

str 1 -> "HI" 

Thx for sharing the code, and yes it is something like the PUT program you wrote, however, you defined what is who, if I wrote it, might be too long, I would check and compare every value. Also the PUT checks number and gets/locate character, not inverse, check character get value.

Not sure but I assume a single character would be stored on STR, then the STR would be compared with individual characters in similar way like your PUT code.

However this seems long and big, and basically user defines what is who, rather if there is already built-in conversion.

Thanks,

- Nooblette

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ascii, casio, programming, character, symbols, basic, fx-g

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users